Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 11:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens aquire Kovy for 7th round pick  (Read 1256 times)
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« on: Feb 24, 2011 at 11:41 »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204

Low risk, moderate reward.  I don't expect much out of Kovy at this point in his career but it's better than dressing Wallace or Vitale.

Early reports on Orpick; out 4 to 6 weeks.  That really hurts.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 12:03 »

Kovy's actually been pretty productive the last 15 games or so. I like the move becuase 6th-7th round picks are worth nothing anyways and kovy can play the point, which will be really helpful. No more Sterling at the point!@@@

If Crosby is out for the year though, this move isn't going to matter. Maybe it elevates us to a first round playoff series win. At least Shero isn't sitting on his hands though.

Regarding Orpik, wow. the injuries are out of hand. I saw Kunitz and Letestu skated today though, at least there's a little bit of offensive firepower there.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2011 at 12:13 by Merman1983 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 13:04 »

Yeah, pretty much meh.

The Orpik injury is terrible news.  If this team holds on to a 4 seed, Bylsma should be coach of the year.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 13:07 »

Yeah, pretty much meh.

The Orpik injury is terrible news.  If this team holds on to a 4 seed, Bylsma should be coach of the yeardecade.

*fixed*

Just one man's opinion.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:24 »

Yeah, pretty much meh.

The Orpik injury is terrible news.  If this team holds on to a 4 seed, Bylsma should be coach of the yeardecade.

*fixed*

Yeah, and MAF has to get some consideration for the Vezina. To still have the 2nd best record in the east at this point with the offense (and hell, the defense with injuries) we've been running out there is amazing. He's been fucking awesome.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:32 »

Kovy better come ready to play. Bylsma won't tolerate any of the lackadaisical play that Kovy is known for. Hopefully he comes in with a new perceptive and doesn't take any shifts off. All it takes is one guy taking one shift off during the playoffs to allow and game/series changing goal. Having said that, we traded a bag of used pucks for a potential top six guy. Can't argue with that.

Agree with Penso, Bylsma should definitely win COY.

Agree with Merman, MAF has been playing the best hockey of his career this season.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:47 by whitmer_87 » Logged

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 10:30 »

Kovy better come ready to play. Bylsma won't tolerate any of the lackadaisical play that Kovy is known for. Hopefully he comes in with a new perceptive and doesn't take any shifts off. All it takes is one guy taking one shift off during the playoffs to allow and game/series changing goal. Having said that, we traded a bag of used pucks for a potential top six guy. Can't argue with that.

I don't think it'll be an issue, later in his career his better hockey has been in the playoffs.

We need pghsteel43 to log on and tell us how the fair weather yinzer fans are sooo happy we got kovalev back.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 17:44 »

According to hockeybuzz.com and a grain of salt, Shero is still in the market for a defenseman.  Possibly Chris Phillips of Otawa.  One would think he'd have to give up way more than a 6/7 round pick in return.  I don't know if I'd part with high draft picks and/or quality prospects to make a run if I wasn't absolutely sure Sid will be back for the playoffs.

Just one man's opinion.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 08:37 »

According to hockeybuzz.com and a grain of salt, Shero is still in the market for a defenseman.  Possibly Chris Phillips of Otawa.  One would think he'd have to give up way more than a 6/7 round pick in return.  I don't know if I'd part with high draft picks and/or quality prospects to make a run if I wasn't absolutely sure Sid will be back for the playoffs.

Shero makes the Neal trade either way but the Kovy trade makes me believe Sid's coming back. I wouldn't trade any prospects or a round 1 pick but anything else is fair game. They have Malkin's IR money so why not spend it. Even if Sid isn't coming back, fuck it, we saw what a hot goaltender could do last year for the Habs. Get the defense and the rest of the forwards healthy and they can still make some noise.

FWIW I think Sid's back in the lineup for round 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: