Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 07:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em  (Read 6844 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2011 at 21:29 »

Early observations.

These new, additional games are crap. This is the first year I've ever watched any of the play-in games and there is no atmosphere. The losing team gets cheated out of the NCAA tourney experience. Plenty of good seats still available.

The crop of commercials, remember you'll see the same ones over and over all month long, look weak so far this year. Maybe it is just due to truTV. I doubt it. I miss my funny beer commercials and the roller skating starry eyed Coke girl.

USC's cheerleaders are not representative of their 11th seed. Theyre a dynasty, yo. Melt yo' popsicle.

Be nice, as an original UNC fan, if this Stepheson was still there in the rotation instead of 'Bama transfer Knox. He's a stud. Too bad Coach Roy is a dick and wears on people until they've got to move on.

USC has Pac10 defensive player of the year Marcus Simmons. Whose name simply reminds me of Marcus Sims. Whose name, as an original FSU football fan, reminds me of the time I was completing a nice Saturday night date and purchasing a cheesecake for this chick's parents at the front of the Cheesecake Factory when I glanced over to a bar TV to make sure of a Seminole Georgia Tech game-clinching TD when the dunce fumbled at the goalline, cost the team the win and almost got me thrown out of the place. What a bum.

VCU is better than I thought. I forget where Anthony Grant went but I always thought he was a fraud. I think he's at Alabama but he rode Capel's coattails and I suspect he'd have wrecked Florida if Donovan would've stayed committed to leaving for the Orlando Magic job. Van Gundy has done great there. Im sure everyone appreciates the do over.

Gus Johnson, man. The best.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2011 at 21:32 »

My what a big rack you have..... Red Riding Hood. Seyfried.

Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 07:03 »

No worries fellas, I'm in. Wink

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 18:40 »

I just put the BYU game on. I've watched four possessions and Jimmer has shot everytime. I guess ballhogging isn't a violation of Honor Code doctrine.

Some great endings earlier in the day. Temple-Penn State, Kentucky-Princeton, Louisville-Morehead State and Butler-ODU. Handful of buzzer beaters.

Now that I am home and can watch I am sure the games will suck....43-19 Florida. Wow.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 18:48 »

I just put the BYU game on. I've watched four possessions and Jimmer has shot everytime. I guess ballhogging isn't a violation of Honor Code doctrine.

Brandon Davies' girlfriend told me last week, she was a big fan of ballhogging.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 19:49 »

Brandon Davies' girlfriend told me last week, she was a big fan of ballhogging.

there we go! ...and then she was burned at the stake. Lighten up, you pale ass Mormons.

Kemba Walker grew up a cocky point guard in the Bronx and it took last week's showcase in the Garden to build up his confidence to a new level. He's stepped up his game and knowing that he'll be there in the end has lifted the games of the freshman like Roscoe Smith, Coombs-McD and this Olander guy.

Not sure what made Bucknell such a trendy upset choice. They stink. I kept hearing the 5 games in 5 nights argument made against UConn, but that was a damn impressive run. Beating 5 Big East teams like that only tells me that you can pretty much beat anyone anywhere. "The Bison just know how to win..." etc etc. Extinct.

Eight white guys on the floor at the same time in this Belmont - Wisconsin affair.

Just as I say that, seven subs come in. Now just 7 white guys out there.

Bo Ryan has always reminded me of the teacher from that cartoon show Daria. Not that I watched it a ton but I grew up in an era where you turned on the TV to ESPN MTV or the one HBO channel to see if something good was on.
Now the NCAA tournament is on 75 different channels.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 20:12 »

Some people bitch about Gus and his over-the-top, emotional calls but I'll take him every time over Verne Lundquist's insincere, contrived BS. Stick to golf. Same with Jim Nantz and his self-congratulationg storyteller style. It's not about you. Stick to golf and blowing Tom Brady.

Pitt's bracket looks even weaker after seeing the teams today. Florida whupped ass but Butler was hardly immaculate and Wisconsin and BYU look overrated to me.

I bet the outgoing Appleby's "swish" waitress makes way better tips than the sexy but hostile Miller Lite one's that insult their customers to their faces.

TJ Fredette, Jimmer's abusive personal trainer brother, is an aspiring rapper. Seriously. He's a mormon from upstate NY trying to make it big on the big city rap scene. I think we've all seen that one a million times.

Speaking of musical genius, tomorrow is Friday. We we we so excited. We so excited.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 20:45 »

Some people bitch about Gus and his over-the-top, emotional calls but I'll take him every time over Verne Lundquist's insincere, contrived BS. Stick to golf. Same with Jim Nantz and his self-congratulationg storyteller style. It's not about you. Stick to golf and blowing Tom Brady.

I'm just amazed Lundquist is still alive.  The dude seems to shrink three inches every year.  Also, he clearly did not bother to learn any other name than Fredette for the opening round call.  "Here's a jump shot by... uh... and it's rebounded by... erm...".

Nantz is a Joe Buck-level jerkoff whose only redeeming feature is he doesn't work for Fox. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 21:01 »

Also on the commercial tip the Magic Johnson one cracks me the fuck up.  Yeah, no one believed you could win.  You beat #9 seeded Penn in the final four.  When only ten teams per region made it.  Yeah you played Bird in the final, but unlike Bird, you had four other guys on the court with you.  Did I mention you played Penn in the finall four?  Your road to victory also included a victory over Lamar.  That's not a dude's name, that's a school you beat in the tournament.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 21:17 »

Delvon Roe is obviously shooting left-handed foul shots for his injured former teammate from Remember the Titans Gary Bertier. Either that or he's just a lefty and looks exactly like the guy from that movie and The Wire.

UCLA is wearing some pretty flamboyant sneaks. They're adidas but I think the color name is NikeOregon.

Howland's still a bish. I think most people would take Jamie over him at this point.

Wow I think Camillo Villegas just threatened me into buying a particular brand of golf clubs. Dennis Leary and those 3 trucks he bullied me into buying "OK!!?!?" have nothing on him. Seriously, commercials. GTFO my face.

Wow that Irish Spring deodorant ad with the foxy redheaded lass is the best since their classic heyday era with the guy taking the switchblade knife to a bar of soap.

Never understood why he did that. Soaps cuttable. Buy it, ayyy.

Draymond Green is running like an old man now. MSU has no chance if he's not healthy and fully involved. He's limping around like Patrick Ewing's last 3 or 4 years. On the court I mean...not at the Gold Club.

Utah State got screwed as a #12 seed. They're better than Penn State for cripes sake. And they got a 10 seed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: