Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 22:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em  (Read 6272 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2011 at 10:59 »

First year in 20+ years that I didn't fill out a single bracket.

My interest level is directly tied to the amount of brackets completed...other than the Michigan/Duke game, 'course.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 21:33 »

Missed the first two games because I was watching the Penguins. On my TV I mean.

Missed the first two games on my bracket because I'm an idiot that bought into the sham conference teams like BYJimmer and San Diego State.

Breaking news: Kemba Walker is talented. Verne Lundqvist thinks Bill Raftery's jokes are really, really funny. And Seth Curry is related to Stephon and Dell and that foxy mom. Jerome Bettis is imported from Detroit and Kyrie Irving had a toe injury.

Kyle Singler is my least favorite NCAA player of the last 10 years. Good lord. Literally screams as he's flopping. Even on offense. Man the fuck up and play, Duke.

"CBS cares"....so they're soliciting Red Cross donations towards Japanese aid. You guys paid Sheen millions of dollars per episode and I make much, much less slaving for The Man. Can't I just escape with some hoops viewing without being made to feel like a creep?

Sean Miller is the man. Always end up rooting for him. I wish I'd have picked his team to go further.

Every time I see this Williams from Arizona play I think he's the best pro prospect in the country. Also always end up wondering whatever happened to that Marcus Williams kid they had a couple of years ago.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 22:02 »

I was watching the Texas-Arizona game and drinking heavily. Zona has guard Kyle Fogg who I contended was actually named "Kirk" for the first few mentions. I was left confused where I got that from until doing a cell phone search for "Kirk Fogg" and found out he was the host of "Legends of the Hidden Temple". Some Nickelodeon show that I used to gamble on in college. Holy shit I need a life.

A running joke last year was that Butler coach Brad Stevens looked just like my cousin Brian. This year he's back, looking exactly the same, only with black-framed eyeglasses. Lois Lane is totally fooled but I, sir, am not.

Fuck it, man. Both of these teams suck. Pitt should be here and killing Wisconsin worse than Butler is right now. That's their best shot at a Final Four that they may ever have. Totally confident in Dixon. Love having Gibbs, Dante Taylor and Nas Robinson next year with Birch and that New Zealander coming in the next few years but the Big East isn't going to get any easier. If they do win that league again somehow and get a one-seed, they'll still never see an easier road. They were ridin' dirty in the bed of their baby mama's pick up right down Easy Street and just Chris Henry'd themselves.

Not to keep picking on her but if Pitt basketball donates their basketball brain from the last two minutes of last Saturday's game and studies confirm it had suffered some damage and wasn't fully functional I'd be less surprised than even the news that Chris Henry's brain was damaged.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 22:16 »

Let's calm down with all this talk about Bruesewitz and his freaking redhead afro. Pale 6-10 dude with a moptop exhibiting fine fundamentals around the perimeter. Only we're hearing how unique he is as he's being guarded by Matt Howard who looks like him. It may not be identical but definitely SNL synchronized-swimmer close. "It's like you're looking in a mirror. Hey, you. I know you!"

Just switched back to Arizona-Duke. Singler is sent off for his elbow bleeding. I'm surprised it isnt in an ambulance. Dramatically. Where he thumbs up the crowd with an oxygen mask affixed.

F my brackets, Lets go Arizona. I used to love that team when I was a kid. They had a floor-level scoreboard and a cactus-logo on the court. And Sean Elliott and Kenny Lofton. Then I got a bit older, developed taste, and realized Lute Olson was a creep and The Big East rocked.

Always....always hated Duke, though.

Let me know the next time someone makes the decision to switch credit cards to Capital One because these historically innaccurate Roman-battling Vikings (with English accents) are so damn charming and creative that they're left with no choice but to do so.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 23:13 »

The spot that irks me is the nationwide one with the Chris Collinsworth impersonator.  So dorky, he should be a forwrd for Duke.

I totally agree about rooting for Sean Miller, especially given the treatment he was given last year.

Lundquist is horrible.  Shouting "NICE!!" on a routine entry pass is not appropriate. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Mar 25, 2011 at 19:06 »

Richmond & Marquette are missing worse than the YMCA youth league kids do. We're not talking a little off.

I thought the Blues/Oilers game I watched last night would be the worst exhibition of the weekend.

Maybe I can find some Pawn Stars re-runs.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Mar 25, 2011 at 21:53 »

Richmond & Marquette sound like Palin twins.

Having watched Kentucky early on and then recently I had wondered when did this Josh Harrelson morph into a real player? Now beginning to wonder when he became Amare' Stoudemire? He's killing Sullinger so far. Take a suck of that, Sulley! Canadian geese, baybeeeee!

I wonder if it was weird for David Lighty to share the spotlight with Archie Griffin when they first got to Ohio State?

Steve Kerr's been doing most of the "reads" coming out of commercial in San Antonio. Can't tell if it's because Marv Albert is hoarse or if he told TBS to fuck off and wouldn't read anything that didn't end with "Very. Funny!".

"My dad was such a slob he carried around a drool towel with him. I didn't wanna copy his act. But Big Momma called me up and said 'You look like a sweaty pig out there, son!' I am definitely comfortable in my own skin ". Heartwarming. John Thompson III for Dove.

VCU's coach has got to be the smartest guy named Shaka to ever guide an NCAA team. That Joey Rodriguez they have has ridiculously ugly form on his shot. Haven't seen an uglier latino shooting situation since the sweaters from the Mendendez Bros trial.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Mar 25, 2011 at 22:58 »

Diebler Fever in Columbus. The Buckeyes are as ardent shooting the 3 as the paparazzi chasing Princess Diana her boyfriend and their driver all over France.

Speaking of illicit recording...Aaron Kraft probably isnt related to the Patriots owner but F him anyway.

At halftime of the WVU UK game Calipari was attributing first-half mistakes to "havin' ta' play freshman". Probably was funnier than anything Charles Barkley has said all tournament since Coach Cal relies on studly one-and-done's like Tyreke Evans, Rose, and Cousins John Wall and Bledsoe. Ed McMahon's sweepstakes just texted me Barkley is mailing it in, by the way. AND HE IS CORRECT SIR.

Jim Nantz hyping the fucking Masters all over March Madness. A tradition unlike any other.

I definitely would've been an NCAA legend but I had a few injuries, my HS coach hated me and I don't have 75 tattoos about my arms and neck.

Enterprise ad with that ridiculous Rusted Root song. You'd know it if you heard it....and it'd suck. Those fuckers are probably set for life from that nonsense. They definitely are.

I brought that up to my criminal brother last weekend and he's all "you know they're from Pittsburgh?". They can still suck. Another gem of his: Brandon Knight of Kentucky is at the line and he asks if he is Brevin Knight's son or something. Or their(Brevin and former Pitter Brandin Knight's) little brother? I tell him there is no relation and he decides it'd be good to argue it anyway despite the fact that the two brothers would have the same name. No black mother would do that.

She'd at least put some hyphens in there.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Mar 26, 2011 at 18:06 »

Thierry Henry and Greg "Teabag" Paulus both just texted me that Matt Howard of Butler is a diver. Greg Louganis called him a "gay diver with AIDS" but I'm above repeating that and admitting he has my number.

I don't care what mobile device you forward to whatever printer option you use chances are most people will think your baby is ugly and just say "awww" or "how darling" or some shit. Especially if they're an old lady.

Go into your local phone store and ask toss them a curve by asking if you can call yer mom while still filming a Hemfield tornado and then can upload it to spacebook or whatever all in one call.

Gus Johnson just said: "They went deep in the bench. They got an energizer bunny. Peroclating"  Pretty sure that's some vibrator in England.

What denomination of bill are Chandler Parsons and Harrison Barnes are on again?

If Gordon Hayward had come back Butler could've won this whole thing. Not that they're far off anyway. Wow.

This is the second best Butler-Florida game ever. That 1999-ish game with Mike Miller Casey Calvary and Eddie Shannon was better.

Everyone often uses conference crossovers, or NCAA seeding/performance to gauge conferences but the truest barometer is when players transfer from conference to conference. Rashown McLeod went from SJU goon to Duke senior captain. Dahntay Jones was a middling Rutger Scarlet Loser and became a bigtime Dukie. Mike Rosario left Rutgers this year and will dominate the SEC at Florida. He'll be the best Gator. Ask anyone. Devan Downey failed to make his mark at Cincy but killed with South Carolina. Andre Sweet left Duke to go to Seton Hall and nobody heard of him. Ed Nelson was ACC freshman of the year and never started for UCONN. Tyler King went from Duke's 6th man to nothing at Villanova. This Macklin was a screensetter at Georgetown and he's going for 30-10 leading the Gators to the final four.

The Butler did it again. Two final fours in a row. I hope everyones ready to crucify Donovan just like they were Jamie Dixon.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 15:01 »

Bradford Burgess is a black guy. Tyrell Reed is the white guy.

Kansas is by far the best team. Rooting my arse off for VCU. This would be an historic upset. Go Rams. Ram 'em.

This dude Jamie Skeen is no joke. Definite NBA potential.

Quit flopping, everyone.

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: