Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 20:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I won't watch the latest Comedy Central Roast  (Read 461 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Mar 16, 2011 at 08:03 »

There are two reasons but the first one was reason enough.  It's the roast subject:  Donald Trump.  I will do nothing to support that egomaniac's television career.  And while the meat of the roast is the comedians ripping each other, the subject must have some character worth roasting.  What is Trump other than that the bad hair flop?  He simply isn't that interesting.  How his reality series has remained on the air for so long is a sad statement for us, the American TV-consumer.  Admittedly, I've never seen one frame of his show, other than the adverts, but really, do I need to?

Which brings me to the second reason, reality TV star The Situation.  Really? Congrats, dude.  You've taken your 15 minutes, spray-tan and abs made quite an impressive run on the fringe of the D-list.  Nice work.  But I don't have to watch it.

Plus that Giraldi guy croaked and he was one of the funnier roasters.  

Meh.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2011 at 15:06 »

It was funny; definitely had its moments.  Snoop killed.  The deaf chick (Marlee Matlin (sp?)) was pretty goot too.  Jeff Ross is usually on fire, but it felt like he held back a little.  That "new guy" that I've never heard of had some quality moments as well.  Seth McFarlane was a decent host.  Was hoping to hear a voiceover or two from some of his characters, but he didn't go down that road.

Trump had the same fucking expression the whole time.  Hardly said a word.  Just sat there and took it like a $5 crack whore that's been paid to have a train of guys shit on her chest.  Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would laugh at depricating humor done at his expense.  

Situation was...so...painfully. ..bad.  It was hard to watch.  Not even the slightest bit funny.  Didn't seem like he prepared.  Funny to even suggest that he would, actually.  After every "line," you could hear crickets.  When the camera panned the crowd, people were facepalming left and right.  Was waiting for a "get off the stage!" shout.  It was a trainwreck that you've gotta see to appreciate.  Loved how most that preceeded him slammed his performance.

Greg Geraldo was one of the better roasters.  His presence was/will definitely be missed.  RIP.

For the folks at Comedy Central that browse our forum, might I suggest some candidates (some are blatantly obvious) for future roasts:
  • Charlie Sheen
  • Mel Gibson
  • Lindsey Lohan
  • Christina Aguilera (this one would hurt as I've always been a fan)
  • Britney
  • Tom Cruise
  • Michael Vick
  • Vanilla Ice
  • Kanye West
  • Paula Abdul
  • R Kelly
  • Ben Roethlisberger
  • Tiger

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2011 at 15:14 »

I didn't know about Seth McFarlane but still not enough.  I do like the list of future roastees though!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 06:39 »

Like AJ said, Trump and the numpty from JS were brutal. They used to have retards on the dais, but they were just up there to be mocked. They didn't actually let them speak.

If the roastee doesn't bust a gut multiple times over the course of the show, it starts to give off a weird vibe. Gene Simmons is supposedly quite the d-bag but he actually seemed to enjoy his roast.

King and Snoop did OK, but it's painfully obvious that someone else wrote their shit. But decent marks for delivery.

Gilbert Gottfried's shit it beyond tired at this point. He's become Gallagher.

Ross & Lampanelli are always good. Giraldo was money. I like Whitney Cummings and that new dude was solid. Add Nick DiPaolo and drop The Situation. And replace trump with anyone.

Seth seemed solid to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: