Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 02:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Baldwin  (Read 1453 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Apr 14, 2011 at 19:57 »

Wanted to get some input on an idea that I had.  I beleive there is a good chance that Jon Baldwin will be avaiable come our time to pick.  I think this guy is going to be great in the NFL but WR is not a big need at this point for us.  I do wonder what some other teams would be willing to give up if they could get him with our pick?  Denver, SD, Vikings maybe the Bills.  Good idea?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 21:38 »

If the Bills or Denver are taking a WR, I'm damned sure they'd rather have Jones or Green.  I don't think SD's 18th pick is worth it in value for what we'd have to give up to get it, unless the FO really, really, really wants the other Pouncey. And Minnesota will probably end up forfeiting their pick anyway.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 06:41 »

Teams won't trade up to 1.31 to get JB.  Some team will wait for him to fall rather than overspend.  JMO.

At the bottom of R1, I could possibly see some team trading up if QBs start getting over-drafted, though.  I think this year's QBs suck, but there could be a small run on them, especially if Locker goes off late R1.  Hard to prognosticate that, lots of factors. 

Steelers haven't traded out of R1 since when?  1963?  Did I read that?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 11:03 »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/663896-2011-nfl-draft-rumor-mill-are-steelers-considering-hometown-kid

Hell No!

This is the year Sweed explodes.  68 catches 1200 yards and 11 TD's

Cry

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 13:53 »

With 3 young players on the rise, I can't see the Steelers going WR early unless an absolute can't miss steal falls in their laps.  WR, QB, RB would be my three lowest priorities.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 17:44 »

To be clear here, the OP is stating that we trade out of 1.31 to some team wanting Baldwin there; I think it more likely that, say, a QB is in the mix, but fine.  If one of our targets ain't there, trade back from R1 and get Dowling.

That said, I would bet we got TE earlier than folks expect to expand the passing game (I know, just wait for my writeup) and I expect us to take a RB at some point to replace Meldy.

TucsonSteeler

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 19:26 »

Yea so to be clear here I don't think we sign Baldwin although there are site out there saying this is the guy for us.  What I was hoping for is that some team really wants him and is willing to give us something good in return.  Does any team have two second round picks?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 07:18 »

Yea so to be clear here I don't think we sign Baldwin although there are site out there saying this is the guy for us.  What I was hoping for is that some team really wants him and is willing to give us something good in return.  Does any team have two second round picks?

Of the top of my head, the Pastries...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: