Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 00:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens-Bolts  (Read 2381 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 21, 2011 at 01:02 »

I don't know what happened to the earlier thread, but I have a feeling I deleted it when I was drunk last night.  But, no one will ever really know what happened to it.

Anyhoo, great win tonight.  Tremendous to see Neal get the winner; huge sigh of relief all around there.  The Sabres did us a solid also.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2011 at 08:19 »

Good job deleting the old thread, you broke the curse of the 0-for the playoffs power play! The top 4 were phenominal again tonight. The Niskanen-Lovejoy pairing is shakey at best though.

I've never seen a team control the puck so much and generate so few legit scoring chances though. Understandable given who's missing from the lineup but it doesn't bode well going forward.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2011 at 09:07 »

I don't know what happened to the earlier thread, but I have a feeling I deleted it when I was drunk last night.  But, no one will ever really know what happened to it.

Hey, we have logs!

Removed    Yesterday at 09:49  by pensodyssey    Global Moderator 
Topic: 19383 subject: Pens/Lighting Round 1     Topic Starter:  Merman1983
Reason Topic Deleted:     BAL: 0.142 %

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2011 at 09:30 »

Hey, we have logs!

Speculation.  Hearsay.  You'll be hearing from my legal team.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2011 at 21:56 »

I've seen this five times, and I get a chill down my spine every time.

James Neal - History Will Be Made 4/20/11

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2011 at 14:19 »

I'm concerned after this recent loss. I think we'll win the series, but I don't know how much further we can go from there. This is the second time this team hasn't shown up to a home playoff game. You can't do that in the NHL postseason and last very long. It's weird too, because this team, since Bylsma has taken over, has never been accused of not showing up for games. Especially big games. I don't know if games 2 and 5 were flukes, but it's certainly a cause for concern. If we're gonna lose, I'd rather it be to a better team and not because we didn't show up to the fucking game.

Now let's end this fucking series before something crazy happens. Go Pens.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 06:44 »

Hey, we have logs!

Speculation.  Hearsay.  You'll be hearing from my legal team.

I agree with Penso...this seems like total bull. BAL is much more like 90%.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

whitmer_87

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 20:31 »

This sucks. Playing like dogshit...AGAIN.

This team needs to wake the fuck up.

whitmer_87

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 21:21 »

Thoughts after the game:

Hey Niskanen, I know you wear #2, but that doesn't mean it's okay to play like Josef Melichar.

Why isn't Eric Tangradi playing? Our PP is abysmal. We need his presence is front of the net.

Scratch Niskanen in favor of Deryk Engelland. He's more than just a fighter. And plus, someone needs to punch Downie and Malone in the fucking mouth.

Hey Kovy, shoot the fucking puck! You don't have to always deke around and deliver a sub par pass to the slot or point. You have exactly 1 SOG in the last two games. Stop dicking around, and get to work.

Hey TK, just because you have the puck, doesn't mean you are then obligated to shoot every fucking time! Stop shooting directly into their defensemen and forwards whenever you touch the puck. Try and develop a play for fuck sake.

Hey Kunitz, you do know you aren't still suspended, right? It's okay to play now.

Ugh, shitty night. Commence drinking...more.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 09:13 »

Lack of anyone who can create space. Lack of anyone sans Letang who can carry the puck.

i don't have the stat in front of me, but this team has got to be about 5 for it's last 100 on the power play. A change really needed to happen BEFORE this game. I agree Whitmer, Tangradi in front of the net would have been a good start. But with the lack of playmakers on the power play it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Letang has been awful, but I'm going to give him a break because he's busting his ass trying to make something happen offensively and playing 30 minutes a night of playoff hockey.

I honestly still think the Pens win game 7, I predicted a hard fought 7 game series in the first playoff thread, but I can't see this team overcoming their shortcomings and beating anyone else in the east besides maybe buffalo if they advance. The special teams have been to awful. You can't win playoff series without taking advantage of power plays.

Also, another big fuck you to Matt Cooke. We really could have used him in this series.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: