Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 22:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens-Bolts  (Read 2211 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:01 »

I share the frusration about Kennedy's tendency to shoot into the shin pads of the defenders; but in general the Bolts appear to me to be outworking us in the corners and in the neutral zone.  We have lost any semblance of extended possession, and are getting zero second chance opportunities while regularly allowing TB two, three, four whacks every time the puck goes through our crease.  All of these things are in part a reflection of work rate. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 03:17 »

I share the frusration about Kennedy's tendency to shoot into the shin pads of the defenders; but in general the Bolts appear to me to be outworking us in the corners and in the neutral zone.  We have lost any semblance of extended possession, and are getting zero second chance opportunities while regularly allowing TB two, three, four whacks every time the puck goes through our crease.  All of these things are in part a reflection of work rate. 

I agree, it seems like a lack of effort on our part. When we're fired up, we dominate the play and handle these guys well. Other times, we seem not interested. Never thought I'd say that about this team.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 09:54 »

Neal-Letestu-Kovalev
Kunitz-Staal-Kennedy
Dupuis-Talbot-Conner
Rupp-Adams-Asham
Tangradi-Comrie-Godard

Lines at the morning skate, so it doesn't look like there is going to be a shakeup. Although Engelland was the "first one on the ice" so maybe he's dressing for Lovejoy or Niskanen.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:30 »

I never thought I'd say this, but I half hope we don't win tonight.  We'd either get the Caps or Flyers in the next round, and the thought of losing to either of those teams makes me sick to my stomach. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:47 »

I never thought I'd say this, but I half hope we don't win tonight.  We'd either get the Caps or Flyers in the next round, and the thought of losing to either of those teams makes me sick to my stomach. 

Not hoping for a loss tonight but if we play either of those two teams i just foresee 5 or 6 games of pure fucking frustration, where they get a 1 or 2 goal lead and we have zero chance of mounting a comeback. Tampa is much better equipped to deal with Philly IMO.

A Boston/Pens series would have been epic. Average about a goal a game and a combined 0-50  on the power play.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:48 »

We'd either get the Caps or Flyers in the next round, and the thought of losing to either of those teams makes me sick to my stomach.

You've seen the Flyers goalies, right? Nothing to fear there. What's it been? Close to 25 years since they had a decent netminder? Brutal.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 14:02 »

We'd either get the Caps or Flyers in the next round, and the thought of losing to either of those teams makes me sick to my stomach.

You've seen the Flyers goalies, right? Nothing to fear there. What's it been? Close to 25 years since they had a decent netminder? Brutal.

Yeah, it's hard to figure.  Used to be you could explain it away by Bobby Clarke's hardheadedness, but he's not the player personnel guy anymore IIRC.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 20:02 »

Damn, great first period. Would have been nice to get at least one out of all that.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 21:40 »

Something of a dissapointing end to a season that still qualifies as successful (provided 71 and 87 come back).

Entirely appropriate that the series should end on a failed power play.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 21:59 »

They really couldn't have played any harder, they just couldn't finish offensively. Still stings but it's way down my list of game 7 disappointments for sure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: