Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 19:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mendenhall a total effing idiot?  (Read 5843 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:31 »

One of the more fascinating aspects to me of the ObL takedown is how much the public is willing to accept from the government.  Thirty years ago this kind of operation would have been a "black op"; think of October Surprise, the numerous attempts on Castro's life, etc.  It's as if conspiracy thinking is so widespread, so mainstream, that the government can simply hide it in the open.

Not saying ObL didn't deserve to die, not saying it isn't a good thing, but there was time when assassinations were still considered illegal and necessitated some kind of cover.  If anything, 9/11 and ObL's killing is the ne plus ultra for conspiracists.  Especially now that we've seen the birth certificate.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:32 »

There's no way that's all the footage that exists.

They sent it to Goodell, natch.  No competitive advantage!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:36 »

They sent it to Goodell, natch.

Indeed. I guess it's just better to tell the kids that the dog ran away.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:49 »

They sent it to Goodell, natch.

Indeed. I guess it's just better to tell the kids that the dog ran away.

"Where is Daddy going with that shovel and the garbage bag, Mommy...?"

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011 at 21:42 »

Holy Allah in hell. I cannot make a gaddam comment about each and every post without losing my mind but put me in the "people need better things to do than pay attention to 23-year-olds twitter accounts" camp.

Good Lord, yo.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011 at 23:54 »

Holy Allah in hell. I cannot make a gaddam comment about each and every post without losing my mind but put me in the "people need better things to do than pay attention to 23-year-olds twitter accounts" camp.

Good Lord, yo.

OMG like tots trag.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011 at 12:13 »

Mendenhall attempts to clarify:

"I appreciate those of you who have decided to read this letter and attain a greater understanding of my recent twitter posts. I see how they have gotten misconstrued, and wanted to use this outlet as a way to clear up all things that do not truthfully represent myself, what I stand for personally, and any organization that I am a part of.

"First, I want people to understand that I am not in support of Bin Laden, or against the USA. I understand how devastating 9/11 was to this country and to the people whose families were affected. Not just in the US, but families all over the world who had relatives in the World Trade Centers. My heart goes out to the troops who fight for our freedoms everyday, not being certain if they will have the opportunity to return home, and the families who watch their loved ones bravely go off to war. Last year, I was grateful enough to have the opportunity to travel over seas and participate in a football camp put on for the children of US troops stationed in Germany. It was a special experience. These events have had a significant impact in my life."

" 'What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side ...' "

"This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don't believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics. In the bible, Ezekiel 33:11 states, "Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!...". I wasn't questioning Bin Laden's evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man's death.

"Nothing I said was meant to stir up controversy. It was my way to generate conversation. In looking at my timeline in its entirety, everything that I've said is with the intent of expressing a wide array of ideas and generating open and honest discussions, something I believe we as American citizens should be able to do. Most opinions will not be fully agreed upon and are not meant to be. However, I believe every opinion should be respected or at least given some thought. I apologize for the timing as such a sensitive matter, but it was not meant to do harm. I apologize to anyone I unintentionally harmed with anything that I said, or any hurtful interpretation that was made and put in my name.

"It was only meant to encourage anyone reading it to think."

Clarification comes out the day before Champion kicks him to da curb.

How...coincidental.

To be fair, that's actually a halfway decent "article."  

RM just comes off as a dumb jock.  Unfortunately for him, his PR guy isn't with him 24/7 and doesn't have editor's rights to his Twitter or Facebook accounts.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011 at 14:54 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011 at 08:44 »

Trade him before he does something again.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011 at 12:21 »

I as well agree that it's amazing how willing the general public will eat up anything the gov. spoons it when relating to 9/11 and Bin Laden.  It makes us feel safe...but there are too many weird coincidences that don't add up in my opinion and I have no idea what happened but the 9/11 commisions' report is about as valid as the Warren report.  Too easily wrapped up.  I agree with Finny that it's a stretch to believe that those bumbling baffoons drew it all up but what we're told isn't the whole story I think, it's too perfect of a way to start up the war business machine and start pocketing that cash!  Almost every war we've been involved in has had some fishy incident that forces us to participate, a reason to get involved when they wanted to get involved anyway but needed an impetus to get public approval.  This was no different I think.

To Otis' point, isn't the Pentagon touted around the world as the "world's most secure airspace?"  You'd think there'd be a little more video evidence available than 2 blurry frames whose quality is worse than my iphone camera.  Also, a good friend's mom who grew up with the mayor in the PA town where flight 93 went down was told by that mayor it was indeed shot down by the Air Force.  Supposedly it was headed to the white house and they didn't want to take any chances and it was a good 'hero' story to rile up the troops.  Also, isn't it fishy that not one but three steel buildings collapse by fire when never one in history had ever done before? 

Funny how a tweet by a young fumbler like Mendenhall (arrghhh!) can get people all riled up just because he's going against public opinion, albeit a sensitive one obviously, but still an opinion nonetheless.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011 at 14:30 »

Funny how a tweet by a young fumbler like Mendenhall (arrghhh!) can get people all riled up just because he's going against public opinion, albeit a sensitive one obviously, but still an opinion nonetheless.

Slaves should only speak when spoken to, tho...yo.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: