Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 08:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mendenhall a total effing idiot?  (Read 5689 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011 at 16:41 »

Also, a good friend's mom who grew up with the mayor in the PA town where flight 93 went down was told by that mayor it was indeed shot down by the Air Force.  Supposedly it was headed to the white house and they didn't want to take any chances and it was a good 'hero' story to rile up the troops. 

I'd think it would be unnecessary to make up the story.  Air Force protecting us from terrorists is a pretty good story, though maybe not as clean as passengers taking the situation into their own hands.  Plus, the passengers either called the family members and told them what they were doing or they didn't.  I don't think a typical middle class wife whose husband just died in a plane crash would be able to lie about something at a time of crisis because the government told her to and keep it together through the tragedy.

Also, isn't it fishy that not one but three steel buildings collapse by fire when never one in history had ever done before? 

FWIW, my father in law is an architect and the way it happened made perfect sense to him.  Full tank of burning jet fuel is hot enough to stress the beams enough that they break.  Once one floor collapses, the weight of the others causes the whole thing to telescope.

Not buying the cospiracy thing.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011 at 17:26 »

The WTC were designed differently than most buildings as well.  In order to avoid a lot of internal reinforcement (added cost, less lease-able space) the buildings were designed like celery stalks:  very tall rigid outer supports two which each floor attached.  Enough supports should ensure under almost any circumstance that even if a support clip needed replaced, the structure would remain incredibly sound.  However, a few tons of jet fuel is enough to warp the outer supports and the entire floor structure telescoped.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:10 »

From what I've read, the construction of the towers was of one central strong core beam that according to the builders was designed to support even a plane crashing into it.  Plus, jet fuel burns so quickly it's gone in a flash kind of like if you light some gasoline on the ground on fire, it's gone in a few second, not a slow burn.  Not sure how WTC 7 imploded/fell without even being touched or on fire then. 

Whatever, supposedly the worlds going to end before the lockout's over anyway according to the Mayan calendar and THAT will really suck.... Grin

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:33 »

If Howard Roark had built the towers, they'd still be there!  The bastards!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:31 »

From what I've read, the construction of the towers was of one central strong core beam ...

Incorrect.  Read above.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:32 »

If Howard Roark had built the towers, they'd still be there!  The bastards!

Hey, I can't wait for the Atlas Shrugged movie to come around here.  So I can go laugh at the idjits who go see it.

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011 at 05:07 »

\\
I'd think it would be unnecessary to make up the story.  Air Force protecting us from terrorists is a pretty good story, though maybe not as clean as passengers taking the situation into their own hands.  Plus, the passengers either called the family members and told them what they were doing or they didn't.  I don't think a typical middle class wife whose husband just died in a plane crash would be able to lie about something at a time of crisis because the government told her to and keep it together through the tragedy.

Also, isn't it fishy that not one but three steel buildings collapse by fire when never one in history had ever done before? 

FWIW, my father in law is an architect and the way it happened made perfect sense to him.  Full tank of burning jet fuel is hot enough to stress the beams enough that they break.  Once one floor collapses, the weight of the others causes the whole thing to telescope.

Not buying the cospiracy thing.

Call someone now on a plane.  you can't now even with available technology and this was over 10 years ago, i.e. Louie CK. 

Not buying the "cospiracy (sp.) thing" either but something is amiss...not buying what they're selling, that's all.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011 at 14:18 »

Not buying the "cospiracy (sp.) thing" either but something is amiss...not buying what they're selling, that's all.

I know how to spell it, just missed a letter typing and didn't feel like fixing it.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011 at 14:22 »

Actually, I think penso deleted my N in a drunken iPad stupor.

It's a cospiracy, I tell ya.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011 at 14:23 »

See, he did it agai!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011 at 14:33 by pensodyssey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: