Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 01:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watching the NBA finals?  (Read 3976 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jun 03, 2011 at 11:28 »

That was a hella comeback last night.  After game 1, even though it was mostly close, I wasn't giving the Mavs much of a chance.  And when they went down 15 halfway into the 4th, I thought the whole series was lost.  But now it's on, baby!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-wetzel_heat_mavericks_collapse_celebration_game2_finals060311&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 21:20 »

Hopefully, the Mavs win. I simply can't stomach the NBA anymore. Terrible product.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2011 at 19:52 »

I love the fact that Lebron did Cleveland dirty. There will never be a better betrayal than that ever again. Also, since I found out way before most people that he was gonna do it that way perhaps I value it more (tweeted it at 5 AM the day of "Thee Decision").

I also can't stand the notion that Mark Cuban is some Pittsburgh guy. Since fucking when? Try living here in the past 20 years. Pay some taxes. Do some good.

This is one of the best possible matchups for courtside cougars and trophy girlfriends though.

DeShawn Stevenson's neck tattoos crack me up. What a fucking dunce. He's got Abe Lincoln inked across his throat. Imagine the horrible circumstances or amount of brain damage it'd take you to let that happen to you. Unreal.

Jason Terry and Mike Bibby chasing down a title. Michael Dickerson and Miles Simon have to feel left out. Seriously, yo. Those guys and that Bramlette? won that crown for Arizona. Lute Olson's an asshole though and all it took was two 15-year NBA point guards that he didn't give the ball to make him smart enough to cut down the nets.

Can't stand Pat Riley. Total scum. Adolph Rupp racism. Woreout the Showtime Lakers' coattails like it was his system that won them the rings. When people think about the Showtime Lakers they think Magic Worthy Cooper and Kareem. Not some disciplined structure brought on by the coach.

Dwyane Wade seems like a class guy. Other than coming from a family that cannot spell. And beating Pitt out of the Elite 8. And the posing. And the lawsuits accusing his highschool sweetheart and baby-mamma of giving him the herp.

Im rooting for Dallas I guess. Somehow the lesser of two evils.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2011 at 22:39 »

Can't stand Pat Riley. Total scum. Adolph Rupp racism. Woreout the Showtime Lakers' coattails like it was his system that won them the rings. When people think about the Showtime Lakers they think Magic Worthy Cooper and Kareem. Not some disciplined structure brought on by the coach.

Ever see ESPN's 30 for 30 Guru of Go? Westhead was more Showtime than Riles. Check out his structure with the Knicks.

Why aren't Mark Aguirre and Rolando Blackman getting any minutes?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 09:37 »

Hopefully, the Mavs win. I simply can't stomach the NBA anymore. Terrible product.

Really??  I think it's the best it's been in years.  Lotta young stars to watch.

Still pulling for a Mav comeback.  Down 2-1 isn't good.  A team has never comeback from that deficit since they went to a 2-3-2 format.

Why aren't Mark Aguirre and Rolando Blackman getting any minutes?

Because Tarpley has been a monster on the boards in the last two.  Dude calls way too many timeouts for bathroom breaks, tho.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 11:02 »

That was a tough loss last night, I thought they were gonna pull it out after another comeback.  Too bad the Dirkinator couldn't have hit a couple more shots down the stretch.  And maybe not have thrown that one out of bounds - although the announcers said it may have been on Marion for leaving that spot.

Either way, Dwayne and his little buddy are tough to stop.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 16:03 »

Really??  I think it's the best it's been in years.  Lotta young stars to watch.

I guess I should have clarified the product the NBA is pushing, not the product (players) on the floor.

They've just fucked with the rules too much. It's a complete joke how an NBA game is called. And peeps will say, "It was always called like that." No, it wasn't. I don't mind an extra half step, but you can jump up and land again before you shoot. Jump step, crab step...walk, walk, walk.

Could drop about 5 0r 6 teams too, may get a little more talent on each team. The Finals shouldn't be the team with one really good player against a team with two really good players.

Aren't you a Lakers guy? McAdoo off the fucking bench. How deep is that shit?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2011 at 09:37 »

I guess I should have clarified the product the NBA is pushing, not the product (players) on the floor.

They've just fucked with the rules too much. It's a complete joke how an NBA game is called. And peeps will say, "It was always called like that." No, it wasn't. I don't mind an extra half step, but you can jump up and land again before you shoot. Jump step, crab step...walk, walk, walk.

Could drop about 5 0r 6 teams too, may get a little more talent on each team. The Finals shouldn't be the team with one really good player against a team with two really good players.

Aren't you a Lakers guy? McAdoo off the fucking bench. How deep is that shit?

Agree 100%, and cannot bring myself to watch any more.

Sort of like what the rule changes in the NFL promise to do...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2011 at 11:11 »

Sort of like what the rule changes in the NFL promise to do...

Exactly.

Stern just had to fuck with the NBA game. And it's damn near wrestling, the way the refs try to influence the outcome. I'd love to see college refs work NBA games for a few weeks. It would be amusing.

And daps after a FT? WTF is that? Is this bowling?
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2011 at 11:40 »

If they could simply call the games evenly and consistently it would be nice.  Certain players get calls that others don't and that's always bugged me. 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: