Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flyers' busy day  (Read 614 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jun 23, 2011 at 17:24 »

They sign Bryzgalov but gut the team up the middle to do it.  Am I missing something here?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 18:02 »

Over on the Flyers board I lurk on there's a  GREATEST ******* DAY EVER!!!!! thread that is 4 pages deep.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 19:35 »

I actually like the Richards deal for them. I like Simmonds alot and Schenn has top line potential obviously but is still a prospect. I just don't see moving two top line guys and not really replacing them if they are in win now mode. Making both deals is a headscratcher.

The cap hit on Bryzgalov is in line with what I thought it'd be, but 9 years? 9 years?
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 11:32 »

I have a feeling the Flyers are going to make a push for Brad Richards... Either that or they're completely insane.

Carter, although injury prone, was their best goal scorer. And Richards was their captain, but also a great penalty killer. I just don't see the logic here. Simmonds can play, sure. I just don't see him being a replacement for any of those guys. And Schenn is still at least two years away from being anything on the NHL level.

I believe they freed up enough cap space to go after Richards, but I think Simmonds is still a RFA. So they're gonna have to ink him too. Not sure what the hell they're doing, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

We're clearly the team to beat in the Atlantic now.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: