Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game of Thrones anyone?  (Read 431 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jul 01, 2011 at 09:07 »

Anyone catch this series on HBO?  It's based on a series of fantasy novels by George R.R. Martin.

I rather liked it.  They'll kill off a character but sometimes you have to accept that.  It may be jarring when you've come to like a character to see their demise but it's often necessary for the story.  I find a series more enjoyable when there's a cohesive plot as opposed to the way most TV series are executed - do a pilot, if it sells, do a few more episodes, if they sell, do a few more and so on, all the while making it up as you go - sorta like Lost which was an extremely overrated series IMO for precisely that reason - no glue to speak of, just the writers pulling the story outta their arses week after week.

So, if you like the medieval, sword-play setting check it out.  Just a sprinkling of the fantasy element so far but there are forces at work I tell ya!  There's something beyond the wall and winter is coming.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: