Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 01:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Harrison unleashes rant against Goodell  (Read 2058 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jul 13, 2011 at 08:04 »

We need to get these guys into training camp, they're starting to implode

http://postgazette.com/pg/11194/1160080-100.stm

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 08:28 »

Watchout, he has a big ol' gas can.

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind") - and even teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss. Harrison questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 09:44 »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6764826/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview

He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

Wow.
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 09:51 »

Anyone else get the feeling that this could be Harrison's last season in the Burgh?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 10:06 »

Anyone else get the feeling that this could be Harrison's last season in the Burgh?

While I wouldn't completely dismiss the comments, I doubt they matter as much as performance and money.  So, we'll see!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 11:24 »

For those statements, I hope that last season was his last season in Pittsburgh.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 12:29 »

I'm not ready to boot him off the team but this constant horseshit is getting tiring. Also James Harrison and his 1 tackle in super bowl 45 should go look in the mirror.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 13:02 »

I liked having the guy who could go to a gun fight with a knife and win, but enough is enough, shut your mouth already.

He will not be a Steeler past this season, unless we see some serious apologies.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 13:06 »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/james-harrison-071311

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Joetorious

« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 14:13 »

I'm sorry, but I don't have a problem at all with Harrison calling out Goodell, Mendenhall or Roethlisberger. Not the right venue for the latter, but it's too late now.

I'm not a fan of Goodell or Mendenhall, so that's why I don't care about their callouts. I've never been a fan of BR's ego, so if he called that idiotic pass play from the shadows of his own goal post (a play that I thought Arians had to have called, but Harrison suggests otherwise) - at a time when Mendenhall was simply gashing the Packers' DL for seemingly six yards a rip - he deserves the public criticism.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 15:16 »

I'm not a fan of Goodell or Mendenhall, so that's why I don't care about their callouts. I've never been a fan of BR's ego, so if he called that idiotic pass play from the shadows of his own goal post (a play that I thought Arians had to have called, but Harrison suggests otherwise) - at a time when Mendenhall was simply gashing the Packers' DL for seemingly six yards a rip - he deserves the public criticism.

You don't publicly throw your teammates under the bus.  Keep that shit in house.  Period.  Don't remember anybody from the defense complaining about Ben pulling a rabbit out of his ass and saving them in XLIII.

Deebo needs to stop all the whinin' already.  Adapt, do your fuckin' job and STFU.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 15:20 »

You don't publicly throw your teammates under the bus.  Keep that shit in house.  Period.  Don't remember anybody from the defense complaining about Ben pulling a rabbit out of his ass and saving them in XLIII.

Deebo needs to stop all the whinin' already.  Adapt, do your fuckin' job and STFU.

+1. Ben and mendenhall would have been the first two to admit they fucking blew in that game.  Calling teammates out in the media is Bengals and Ravens horseshit.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 17:36 »

I think it's safe to say we can add the media to the growing list of people out to get James Harrison.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 18:24 »

Poor Time, Place, Manner...but thats about it.  Its hard to say I give a shit when I reflect on the three characters he did speak about and all their antics over the past year and three months.

Unfortunately, the comments were performanced based.  Fortunately, Ben/Mendenhall and Harrison do not play on the same unit.  And hopefully, they speak in confidence (which apparently has already happened) and they move on from this.

On that note, letting Harrison walk into another locker room now, next year, or in ten would be asanine so please don't even suggest it.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 at 18:29 by scballersc » Logged
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #14 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 20:04 »

I'm sorry, but I don't have a problem at all with Harrison calling out Goodell, Mendenhall or Roethlisberger. Not the right venue for the latter, but it's too late now.

That pass play wasn't "idiotic." If Chris Kemoeatu knew how to block long enough for a standard deep pass to be executed, then there's a good chance we'd be talking about a 93-yard TD pass to Mike Wallace instead of a "pick-six" to Nick Collins. Hell, even most Packer fans that I've seen have said that that play was on Kemoeatu, not Roethlisberger, and that's with out my or any other Steeler fan's input.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 09:31 »

Frankly, I don't give a shit.

Goodell?  He's right on the money with that ass-flea.

Maybe you don't throw your teammates under the bus, but IMO any of the vets on this team can express their opinion, and if that's motivation for the people he mentions, so be it.  Prove him wrong.  The offense was lackluster, they didn't look crisp, they seemed fat and happy, whatever the line issues. 

I personally might not agree on Mendenhall or Ben, but I'm glad to see SOMEONE is fired up and pissed off, and if that gets the other guys fired up and pissed off then great.  This ain't the Bengals, a bunch of pouty little cunts:  these Steelers either play with guts and emotion, or they sit back on their laurels off a taste of success.  James may be saying things we don't like, but that's what a catalyst does.  Who else gets out there and gets the guys fired up?  Wake the fuck up, guys, you could have won that game despite playing like shit.  Now where do we go this (?) season?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 09:57 »

Maybe you don't throw your teammates under the bus, but IMO any of the vets on this team can express their opinion, and if that's motivation for the people he mentions, so be it.

It's a nice change of pace from listening to Ben say what a great job his line did, after a 6 sack game.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 12:05 »

This ain't the Bengals...

Funny you should say that. 

Within just the last year or so, Steeler fans have had to deal with Harrison's diarrhea of the mouth; Mendenhall's inane *twittering*; Ben's escapades; Ward's (alleged) DUI; and Reed's schizo behavior.

I was starting to think this squad was doing a better job of resembling the Bungles then well, the Bungles.

Thankfully, Pacman is still there to help try to balance things out and maintain some sense of normalcy.

I long for the quiet, boring offseason years.

VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 12:14 »

Now where do we go this (?) season?

Only one thing to do after all this nonsense; get ring #7.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 14:56 »

This mega douche thinks Harrison should be suspended for his comments about Brian "So Juiced Outta My Mind The NFL Suspended Me" Cushing

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 14:52 »

Let's be realistic here for a second, OK?  There's the idealized notion of the Steelers, wherein each and every player is the ideal citizen and human being, and they all come together as a team, utterly professional every second of the day, without ego, and without human failings.

I'm not saying we should accept bad behavior, but this is the real world, and anyone who thinks Harrison should be fined, suspended, or kicked off the team should stop watching football, move to a cabin in the woods, and take up meditation.  First of all, I don't think Goodell or the Rooneys even CAN fine or suspend Harrison, since Harrison isn't getting paid by either of those folks.  Remember the whole work CBA thing?  What fucking conceivable restraint over free speech that Fuhrer Goodell normally wields could possibly apply now? 

So fans don't like what Harrison said.  Boo mother fucking HOO. 

First of all, he's dead fucking RIGHT about Goodell, save one thing:  if that fucking cuntfungus was on fire, I'd beg Harrison to piss all over him just so I could set him on fire AGAIN, motherfucker.  OK, Cushing's not on roids?  Puh-leeze.  He's been on roids since USC, and he got suspended 4 games in the bigs.  Has James?  Answer:  NO, motherfucker.  Besides, just look at Cushing, if that guy's not full of juice, JaMarcus wasn't full of drank and Beardy ain't full of dick.  The ex-pats?  If I had the chance, I'd napalm their asses, so James is just sayin' what we already know.

So it comes down to dissension within the team.  James was mean and said Ben is no Peyton Manning.  James was mean and said Mendenhall has fumblitis.  Look, we can argue the validity, but frankly motherfuckers if a team veteran, one of the keystones of the defense, one of the best linebackers in a long and storied damned line of linebackers, and the ONLY motherfucker to run a SB INT back the length of the motherfucking field for a TD in the motherfucking history of the motherfucker wants to get some shit off his back, I say LET the motherfucker.
The boys can hug it out and make up later.
I’m glad to see someone feeling chippy about losing the Super Bowl and not just saying all the politically correct shit, like they lost a motherfucking game of Yahtzee.  Fuck that shit!  Prove me WRONG, motherfuckers, is what James is saying!  And he’s right.  Prove him wrong, when it counts, in the Super Bowl. 
Any more, if someone hasn’t committed murder, grievous bodily harm, felony involving illegal firearms, or getting caught with roids or THC in their sample, I don’t give a crap any more about the stupid shit that may come out of players’ mouths.  Because pretty damned near every NFL player has said or done some dumb motherfucking shit, and you know that if they’re saying all the vanilla shit their agents want them to, there’s still some dumb jock bullshit floating around in their heads screaming to get out.  Troy Polamalu is probably the ONLY guy in the ENTIRE NFL who is the exception, and now that I’ve said that, he’s gonna get caught fucking a sheep in some devil-worshipping ceremony with a needle full of heroin sticking out of his eyeball.
You know when I wanna kick Harrison off the team?  When James says he just isn’t feeling it any more.  He’s not sure he wants to rip someone’s head off and shove it down their throat.  When James just goes out there and loafs it.  When we lose the Super Bowl and James just says, “hey, it’s OK, sometimes you have to lose.”  I haven’t seen that James Harrison yet.  Until then, he can live a lit bag of dogshit on Goodell’s doorstep every motherfucking night of the week.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 18:29 »

Listen to him go  old

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
whitmer_87

« Reply #22 on: Jul 16, 2011 at 01:07 »

Let's be realistic here for a second, OK?  There's the idealized notion of the Steelers, wherein each and every player is the ideal citizen and human being, and they all come together as a team, utterly professional every second of the day, without ego, and without human failings.

I'm not saying we should accept bad behavior, but this is the real world, and anyone who thinks Harrison should be fined, suspended, or kicked off the team should stop watching football, move to a cabin in the woods, and take up meditation.  First of all, I don't think Goodell or the Rooneys even CAN fine or suspend Harrison, since Harrison isn't getting paid by either of those folks.  Remember the whole work CBA thing?  What fucking conceivable restraint over free speech that Fuhrer Goodell normally wields could possibly apply now? 

First of all, he's dead fucking RIGHT about Goodell, save one thing:  if that fucking cuntfungus was on fire, I'd beg Harrison to piss all over him just so I could set him on fire AGAIN, motherfucker.  OK, Cushing's not on roids?  Puh-leeze.  He's been on roids since USC, and he got suspended 4 games in the bigs.  Has James?  Answer:  NO, motherfucker.  Besides, just look at Cushing, if that guy's not full of juice, JaMarcus wasn't full of drank and Beardy ain't full of dick.  The ex-pats?  If I had the chance, I'd napalm their asses, so James is just sayin' what we already know.

So it comes down to dissension within the team.  James was mean and said Ben is no Peyton Manning.  James was mean and said Mendenhall has fumblitis.  Look, we can argue the validity, but frankly motherfuckers if a team veteran, one of the keystones of the defense, one of the best linebackers in a long and storied damned line of linebackers, and the ONLY motherfucker to run a SB INT back the length of the motherfucking field for a TD in the motherfucking history of the motherfucker wants to get some shit off his back, I say LET the motherfucker.
I’m glad to see someone feeling chippy about losing the Super Bowl and not just saying all the politically correct shit, like they lost a motherfucking game of Yahtzee.  Fuck that shit!  Prove me WRONG, motherfuckers, is what James is saying!  And he’s right.  Prove him wrong, when it counts, in the Super Bowl. 
Any more, if someone hasn’t committed murder, grievous bodily harm, felony involving illegal firearms, or getting caught with roids or THC in their sample, I don’t give a crap any more about the stupid shit that may come out of players’ mouths.  Because pretty damned near every NFL player has said or done some dumb motherfucking shit, and you know that if they’re saying all the vanilla shit their agents want them to, there’s still some dumb jock bullshit floating around in their heads screaming to get out.  Troy Polamalu is probably the ONLY guy in the ENTIRE NFL who is the exception, and now that I’ve said that, he’s gonna get caught fucking a sheep in some devil-worshipping ceremony with a needle full of heroin sticking out of his eyeball.
You know when I wanna kick Harrison off the team?  When James says he just isn’t feeling it any more.  He’s not sure he wants to rip someone’s head off and shove it down their throat.  When James just goes out there and loafs it.  When we lose the Super Bowl and James just says, “hey, it’s OK, sometimes you have to lose.”  I haven’t seen that James Harrison yet.  Until then, he can live a lit bag of dogshit on Goodell’s doorstep every motherfucking night of the week.

I heard Samuel L Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction in my head when I read this.
 icon_rr

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 13:58 »

Funnygums channeling Pittsburgh_PA right thur...just a few motherfucks short...

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: