Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 14:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Harrison unleashes rant against Goodell  (Read 2107 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 15:16 »

I'm not a fan of Goodell or Mendenhall, so that's why I don't care about their callouts. I've never been a fan of BR's ego, so if he called that idiotic pass play from the shadows of his own goal post (a play that I thought Arians had to have called, but Harrison suggests otherwise) - at a time when Mendenhall was simply gashing the Packers' DL for seemingly six yards a rip - he deserves the public criticism.

You don't publicly throw your teammates under the bus.  Keep that shit in house.  Period.  Don't remember anybody from the defense complaining about Ben pulling a rabbit out of his ass and saving them in XLIII.

Deebo needs to stop all the whinin' already.  Adapt, do your fuckin' job and STFU.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 15:20 »

You don't publicly throw your teammates under the bus.  Keep that shit in house.  Period.  Don't remember anybody from the defense complaining about Ben pulling a rabbit out of his ass and saving them in XLIII.

Deebo needs to stop all the whinin' already.  Adapt, do your fuckin' job and STFU.

+1. Ben and mendenhall would have been the first two to admit they fucking blew in that game.  Calling teammates out in the media is Bengals and Ravens horseshit.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 17:36 »

I think it's safe to say we can add the media to the growing list of people out to get James Harrison.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 18:24 »

Poor Time, Place, Manner...but thats about it.  Its hard to say I give a shit when I reflect on the three characters he did speak about and all their antics over the past year and three months.

Unfortunately, the comments were performanced based.  Fortunately, Ben/Mendenhall and Harrison do not play on the same unit.  And hopefully, they speak in confidence (which apparently has already happened) and they move on from this.

On that note, letting Harrison walk into another locker room now, next year, or in ten would be asanine so please don't even suggest it.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 at 18:29 by scballersc » Logged
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #14 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 20:04 »

I'm sorry, but I don't have a problem at all with Harrison calling out Goodell, Mendenhall or Roethlisberger. Not the right venue for the latter, but it's too late now.

I'm not a fan of Goodell or Mendenhall, so that's why I don't care about their callouts. I've never been a fan of BR's ego, so if he called that idiotic pass play from the shadows of his own goal post (a play that I thought Arians had to have called, but Harrison suggests otherwise) - at a time when Mendenhall was simply gashing the Packers' DL for seemingly six yards a rip - he deserves the public criticism.

That pass play wasn't "idiotic." If Chris Kemoeatu knew how to block long enough for a standard deep pass to be executed, then there's a good chance we'd be talking about a 93-yard TD pass to Mike Wallace instead of a "pick-six" to Nick Collins. Hell, even most Packer fans that I've seen have said that that play was on Kemoeatu, not Roethlisberger, and that's with out my or any other Steeler fan's input.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 09:31 »

Frankly, I don't give a shit.

Goodell?  He's right on the money with that ass-flea.

Maybe you don't throw your teammates under the bus, but IMO any of the vets on this team can express their opinion, and if that's motivation for the people he mentions, so be it.  Prove him wrong.  The offense was lackluster, they didn't look crisp, they seemed fat and happy, whatever the line issues. 

I personally might not agree on Mendenhall or Ben, but I'm glad to see SOMEONE is fired up and pissed off, and if that gets the other guys fired up and pissed off then great.  This ain't the Bengals, a bunch of pouty little cunts:  these Steelers either play with guts and emotion, or they sit back on their laurels off a taste of success.  James may be saying things we don't like, but that's what a catalyst does.  Who else gets out there and gets the guys fired up?  Wake the fuck up, guys, you could have won that game despite playing like shit.  Now where do we go this (?) season?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 09:57 »

Maybe you don't throw your teammates under the bus, but IMO any of the vets on this team can express their opinion, and if that's motivation for the people he mentions, so be it.

It's a nice change of pace from listening to Ben say what a great job his line did, after a 6 sack game.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 12:05 »

This ain't the Bengals...

Funny you should say that. 

Within just the last year or so, Steeler fans have had to deal with Harrison's diarrhea of the mouth; Mendenhall's inane *twittering*; Ben's escapades; Ward's (alleged) DUI; and Reed's schizo behavior.

I was starting to think this squad was doing a better job of resembling the Bungles then well, the Bungles.

Thankfully, Pacman is still there to help try to balance things out and maintain some sense of normalcy.

I long for the quiet, boring offseason years.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 12:14 »

Now where do we go this (?) season?

Only one thing to do after all this nonsense; get ring #7.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 14:56 »

This mega douche thinks Harrison should be suspended for his comments about Brian "So Juiced Outta My Mind The NFL Suspended Me" Cushing

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: