Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 13:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT NNAMDI TO THE STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 460 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jul 29, 2011 at 17:57 »

Oh, sorry.

It's the other PA team.

Eagles now officially have the best secondary in the NFL.

5/$60M.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:59 »

Oh, sorry.

It's the other PA team.

5/$60M.

Damn.  Babin.  DRC.  Now Nam?

Good luck trying to go 3 or 4 wide against them.

Feagles just jumped to #1 in preseason power rankings.

Edit:  Just saw some pre-singing video on ESPN with Shefter who broke down who he thought was going to ink NA to a deal and it was Jets 80%, Cowboys 10%, Rest of league 10%.  LOL.  Nice call Shef.  Sweet inside info you've got thur.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 22:41 »

Oh, sorry.

It's the other PA team.

5/$60M.

So he got 12 mil per, and we paid Taylor 9 mil per huh...I think I would have found the extra 3 mil from somewhere.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 07:55 »

Oh, sorry.

It's the other PA team.

5/$60M.

So he got 12 mil per, and we paid Taylor 9 mil per huh...I think I would have found the extra 3 mil from somewhere.

To be fair, I don't think it's been confirmed Taylor got a 9 million per contract.  I believe it was just rumored to have been in that neighborhood.

This goes back to what I said earlier, if Taylor got anything close to what Asomugha gets (and a 3 milly difference definitely qualifies as close), I'll be very pissed.  IDGAF about familiarity with the system, either.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 08:10 »

Oh, sorry.

It's the other PA team.

5/$60M.

To be fair, I don't think it's been confirmed Taylor got a 9 million per contract.  I believe it was just rumored to have been in that neighborhood.

This goes back to what I said earlier, if Taylor got anything close to what Asomugha gets (and a 3 milly difference definitely qualifies as close), I'll be very pissed.  IDGAF about familiarity with the system, either.

+1.

I'd be somewhat less pissed if we made a trade for Asante.  I know he's 30, but he's still very productive, one of the best CBs in the league. 

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 08:17 »

I'd be somewhat less pissed if we made a trade for Asante.  I know he's 30, but he's still very productive, one of the best CBs in the league. 

Agreed.  Was thinking about that yesterday when they mentioned Eagles are "listening" to trade offers.

2012 R3?  R2?  Not enough?  Too much?

A Samuel/Taylor CB tandem would go a long way towards defending those 3 and 4 wide sets.  Think his current contract pays him in the 5 mil per range.  Gotta think he'd want a new one if he gets dealt.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 09:38 »

Agreed.  Was thinking about that yesterday when they mentioned Eagles are "listening" to trade offers.

2012 R3?  R2?  Not enough?  Too much?

A Samuel/Taylor CB tandem would go a long way towards defending those 3 and 4 wide sets.  Think his current contract pays him in the 5 mil per range.  Gotta think he'd want a new one if he gets dealt.

I have no idea what the Iggles cap space is, whether $5M is a critical lever.  Send them Gay and a bag of Skittles a la Belicheat.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: