Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 15:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerricho Singed  (Read 478 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Aug 11, 2011 at 13:14 »

Steelers add Jerricho Cotchery
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
 APJerricho Cotchery is heading to Pittsburgh.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Cotchery will agree to terms on a one-year contract with the Steelers today.

Cotchery was a fourth-round pick of the Jets in 2004 and has played his entire seven-year NFL career with the Jets. He became a full-time starter in 2006 and had three very good seasons, but in the last couple of years he’s been largely phased out of the Jets’ offense.

The Steelers had been talking up the possibility of getting tight end Heath Miller and receiver Tyler Grisham more involved in the passing game, but they apparently wanted another option and settled on Cotchery.

Permalink 2 Comments  Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 13:17 »

And there you have it, the Steelers' FA signing of '11.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 13:21 »

I'm fine with it.

We have the young core (Wallace, Sanders, Brown) and we have Ward and Cotchery.  IMO, this is essentially insurance if Ward gets hurt.  A solid 5-deep corps of receivers?  Yeah, twist my arm.

Plus, as noted, Cotchery is supposed to be an A+ character guy as well.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 15:41 »

I think the Sweed experiment just came to an end.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 15:53 »

I think the Sweed experiment just came to an end.

Yeah, was just thinking that as well. 

Odds the Patriots sign him?  And he becomes the guy they thought Ocho would be for them?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 16:03 »

54 minutes ago - by Chuck Finder - Cotchery comes to terms
After their rival Baltimore Ravens passed on him, WR Jerricho Cotchery agreed to terms with the Steelers – who offered him their No. 5 spot. He’s expected to report Sunday. Tweeted S Ryan Clark : “Going to be a lot different from the Jets, though.” Steelers RapidReports

I'm rather surprised too that he'd sign on knowing we're featuring all those young guys.

Of course, if Ward gets injured he could see a ton of time, so it's a gamble he might be willing to take.

Saw on another site that Dulac wrote that some unnamed coach (didn't specify Steelers, BTW) said the Steelers should have kept Grisham and cut Ward last year.  Ummmmmm... K.  I realize Grisham's had a few nice moments in camp this year and last, but so did lots of guys, and last time I checked, Hines Ward was still Hines fucking WARD you jackal.  Maybe Grisham sticks and Battle goes, but Hines?  Rilly?

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 07:12 »

I'm rather surprised too that he'd sign on knowing we're featuring all those young guys.

Me too.  Where do you think he'll end up fitting?  Could be as high as the #3 guy.  I guess depending where HInes is health and age-wise, he could conceivably be the #2 behind Wallace, but I don't think so.  Could also slip to #5 if both Brown and Sanders continue to improve.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 09:24 »

Me too.  Where do you think he'll end up fitting?  Could be as high as the #3 guy.  I guess depending where HInes is health and age-wise, he could conceivably be the #2 behind Wallace, but I don't think so.  Could also slip to #5 if both Brown and Sanders continue to improve.

One note:  P-G is reporting this as a multi-year, tho' everyone else says it's a 1-year.  Significant if it's a multi.  Significant of what I'm not sure.

Cotchery seems like he'd fit more at Ward's positions (flanker, some slot).  Wallace is your SE, and Sanders and Brown could really fit anywhere.  Guess we'll need to see how he clicks with Ben.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: