Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 15:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #1 - 8/12 - @Washington  (Read 2783 times)
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 19:30 »

They finally scored with their first teamers... on a few of our starters and a lot of our rooks
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 17:40 »

Nowhere else to put this:  212 is showing the end of the Patsies-Jags preseason game from last night, and Mrs. F gets a load of the score.  Her comment?  Oh, they're a bunch of no-class jackasses...

Funny thing about that...Bill Simmons was actually excited about it on PTI Friday...THEY SCORED 40 POINTS WITHOUT BRADY!!11...He honestly thought it mattered.

Then got really pissed that LeBatard dared take shots at Saint Belichek for no playoff wins in four years.  And that he takes any player with a pulse and it's automatically a great move just because it's the Pats.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 08:03 »

As expected, pretty ugly...on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully, the coaches have an accelerated gameplan for getting these guys up to speed.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 12:42 »

I'm back in the 'burgh and watched from start to finish.  I don't recall Sweed seeing the field at all (though there was a nice shot of him on the nether reaches of the bench); and I can't recall Gilbert being involved in any significant way either, though he might have been on the field for the shitfest that was Dennis Dixon's 4th quarter.  Dwyer indeed looks fat, and ineffective, but he's trim compared to Clay.  Honestly, I think Hampton is fitter than Clay.  Heyward made one nice play fighting off his man and collaring the ball carrier, but it was a typical **** Lebeau no blitz, no stunt preseason gameplan, so it's hard to gauge his readiness or skills in more complicated packages. 

As for Grisham, meh. He got better simply by Battle dropping about 9 passes.     

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 13:09 »

...but it was a typical **** Lebeau no blitz, no stunt preseason gameplan, so it's hard to gauge his readiness or skills in more complicated packages.

That might've been the case for the second and third stringers, but it didn't look as vanilla as in years past for the starters.  To me, I saw a bunch of what looked like regular season type defensive looks for them.  There were at least two stunt blitz calls and one overload blitz call.  All without much success.  That's kinda what bothered me about Hightower carving them up.  It didn't feel like they were just going through the motions.  It looked like they were making the effort...and failing.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 09:43 »

Either jonzr hasn't slapped up the season's game threads or Penso deleted them.

Alrighty, got 'em up there.  Penso is innocent!  Ha.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:02 »

Robotman your alter ego or just a lacky making $37 a month?

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:09 »

9 P Dan Sepulveda and 13 P Jeremy Kapinos.  Steelers have been patient with Sepulveda, but is he fully healed yet?  Will he ever stay healthy?  Will he be replaced by last year's fill-in?  Looks like a coin flip at this point.

I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but from what I saw, he looked like the best offensive player (or maybe that would be defensive player) on the field. I just wanted them to stop using him in case he got hurt again. Still think he would be better as a Kickoff person than whatever kicker is currently on the roster. Our coverage still looks like shit and at least Robo would have a chance to make the tackle.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:23 »

Basedon the preseason games I have seen, KOs may not be an issue for any kicker (even J. Reed).

Sep did look really good. They've done ok with in-season replacements twice before. 

A. Brown looked great. Heyward looked good against the backest of the backups.

Keenan Lewis...bleh. Ashame too because he has size that the Steelers don’t have much of at CB.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:42 »

Robotman your alter ego or just a lacky making $37 a month?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: