Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 22:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #1 - 8/12 - @Washington  (Read 3057 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:53 »

...but it was a typical **** Lebeau no blitz, no stunt preseason gameplan, so it's hard to gauge his readiness or skills in more complicated packages.

That might've been the case for the second and third stringers, but it didn't look as vanilla as in years past for the starters.  To me, I saw a bunch of what looked like regular season type defensive looks for them.  There were at least two stunt blitz calls and one overload blitz call.  All without much success.  That's kinda what bothered me about Hightower carving them up.  It didn't feel like they were just going through the motions.  It looked like they were making the effort...and failing.

No Troy, no Harrison.  Very little by way of pre snap motion or swapped assignments (de's in coverage, etc.).

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 14:46 »

...but it was a typical **** Lebeau no blitz, no stunt preseason gameplan, so it's hard to gauge his readiness or skills in more complicated packages.

That might've been the case for the second and third stringers, but it didn't look as vanilla as in years past for the starters.  To me, I saw a bunch of what looked like regular season type defensive looks for them.  There were at least two stunt blitz calls and one overload blitz call.  All without much success.  That's kinda what bothered me about Hightower carving them up.  It didn't feel like they were just going through the motions.  It looked like they were making the effort...and failing.

No Troy, no Harrison.  Very little by way of pre snap motion or swapped assignments (de's in coverage, etc.).

True, true.  I had overlooked the Polamalu and Harrison omissions...not sure how I fucking managed that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 20:45 »

Didn't see it, but heard O line did not look good.  Can't say that's a shock, but just wondering what others thought.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 06:42 »

Didn't see it, but heard O line did not look good.  Can't say that's a shock, but just wondering what others thought.

The usual mixed bag of shit and shinola.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: