Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 17 - Jan 1 @ Cleveland  (Read 6361 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 15, 2011 at 08:51 »

Woof.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2011 at 09:06 by Robotman » Logged
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:01 »

Well, we got two of the four things we needed for a bye and a home game.  Steelers win+Houston loss.

Now we need two more - Steelers win and Balty loss.  Good news is Bengals with something to play for.  Bad news is it's Bengals, who have done little against quality opponents - best win for them is Tennessee, and they are 0-6 against the teams on their schedule that have 10+ wins.

OUr best chance to steal #1 seed may have gone by wayside when Dolphins gave up 17 point halftime lead; maybe Buffalo pulls of a huge upset, but not getting greedy.

Most likely scenario we are at Denver or Oakland round 1, then have to come back east for NE.  We can win both if healthy.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:53 »

Please Mike, go with Batch/Dixon.  Sit Ben.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 13:22 »

Well, we got two of the four things we needed for a bye and a home game.  Steelers win+Houston loss.

Now we need two more - Steelers win and Balty loss.  Good news is Bengals with something to play for.  Bad news is it's Bengals, who have done little against quality opponents - best win for them is Tennessee, and they are 0-6 against the teams on their schedule that have 10+ wins.

OUr best chance to steal #1 seed may have gone by wayside when Dolphins gave up 17 point halftime lead; maybe Buffalo pulls of a huge upset, but not getting greedy.

Most likely scenario we are at Denver or Oakland round 1, then have to come back east for NE.  We can win both if healthy.

Cinci gave the Ravens a game in Baltimore, so you cannot write 'em off in that one.  The worst part about a matchup with the Broncos, in Denver, is the fact that we will be without Ryan Clark, ya know, so he doesn't die or what not.  Got to imagine that he would be pretty effective against the option too.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 13:48 »

Please tell me it's a ruse.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 13:50 by aj_law » Logged

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:21 »

Has to be a smokescreen.  Considering a loss is meaningless relative to our current position, and a win has maybe a 25% chance of helping, you have to rest your players.  That week off is worth more than risking further injury in the hopes of maybe getting a bye. with help.

ANd it's not like we lit them up last time WITH Ben - at home. 

I'd do just what we did last week.  Take care of the ball, put 17-20 points on the board, let the D close it out.

The worst part about a matchup with the Broncos, in Denver, is the fact that we will be without Ryan Clark, ya know, so he doesn't die or what not.  Got to imagine that he would be pretty effective against the option too.

Totally forgot about that issue.  But hey, how many internal organs do you really need?  We're talking playoffs after all.

J/K, would not expect him to go.  Maybe it will be Carson Palmer 2.0 and the Raiders and it's a nonissue.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 12:01 »

Bad news is it's Bengals, who have done little against quality opponents - best win for them is Tennessee, and they are 0-6 against the teams on their schedule that have 10+ wins.

Correction.  0-5 against 10+ win teams.  0-6 vs. teams currently leading or tied for lead in division (Denver).  And that loss was pre-Tebow.

But, Ravens are 3-4 on the road, so it's possible.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 18:12 »

I just noticed, while watching the poor excuse for a fb game between Air Force and Toledo, that the Steeler game is 4:00p.m. The Raven/Bengal game is at 4:00 also.  When I first saw the 4:00 Steeler game I thought they would know the likely outcome of Ravens before taking the field.  So much for that.  They were both scheduled for 1:00 originally.

I was going to watch the Steeler game live, and pause the Ravens game and catch up during the commercials (have one game on each tuner and pause each game to flip back and forth watching one pretty much real time and catching the other one up during commercials). Then watch Timmy Tebow at 4:00.   Hmmmmmmm?!?!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 08:44 »

Then watch Timmy Tebow at 4:00.   Hmmmmmmm?!?!

79%.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:21 »

Bad news is it's Bengals, who have done little against quality opponents - best win for them is Tennessee, and they are 0-6 against the teams on their schedule that have 10+ wins.

Correction.  0-5 against 10+ win teams.  0-6 vs. teams currently leading or tied for lead in division (Denver).  And that loss was pre-Tebow.

But, Ravens are 3-4 on the road, so it's possible.

From what I saw, the Bengals weren't getting blown out except @Pitt.  They're playing decent ball, but just seem to have a hard time getting over the hump.  MOV for opponents in those 6 losses:  @Den +2, @SF +5, Pitt +7, @Balt +7, @Pitt +28, Hou +1.  Four of six on the road.  Balty sans Boldin.  I'd give the Bungles OK odds.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: