Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 18:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec 19 @ SF  (Read 9247 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:28 »

Should the outcome of the Ravens-Chargers game on Sunday affect whether Big Ben plays on Monday?
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:52 »

If the Bolts lose, then we're left hoping for the Bengals having something to play for in the final week. That loss to the Texans lessened the chances of that.

I see what you're saying, but I think he plays either way...to control destiny or try to keep pace. The bye is huge.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 09:20 »

Truthfully, I don't think the Steelers beat Rams and Browns with Charlie "behind the helmet", so playing Ben for a w Monday night means he plays the final two games as well, and is likely not very well healed for the playoffs.

If Ben is marginal, start Dixon for all three games and hope for the best. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 10:31 »

Should the outcome of the Ravens-Chargers game on Sunday affect whether Big Ben plays on Monday?

I think the prospect of Ben playing is a smokescreen by the Steelers.  If he really does have a high ankle sprain, there's no way in fucking hell he's playing this week.  For a pro athlete, it takes at least a month of rest and rehab to recover from that injury.  If you're part cyborg, maybe you can come back hobbled in a couple weeks.

At this point, I'd sit Ben, Pouncey and anybody else that isn't damn close to 100%.  Let them all heal up for the playoffs.  They're not getting a bye, anyway, so might as well just get the walking wounded back into game shape.  They're gonna need the extra rest being a 5 or 6 seed.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 11:19 »

True, aj, except that Ben came back in the Browns game, so you really think he won't play MNF?  And second, you know he wants to, and if he's anywhere close to being able to play, he'll gimp it out.  He'll do the patented Ben moves, everyone will be amazed at how mobile he looks, and then he'll hobble to the huddle and off the field.

I do think Pouncey may sit out, but he seems to think not.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:06 »

I think it's easier for him to come back in the Browns game than it would be for him to wait a week and change and try to play against the Niners.  On Thursday night, he kept walking around on it trying to keep it loose before the swelling and stiffness really kicked in.  Plus, I'm sure they shot him up like crazy.

As bad as it felt on Thursday, guaranteed that in the next few days it felt 10x worse.

I can't think of a single NFL athlete that came back earlier than a week or two after suffering one.  Also, considering Ben's style of play, I think it's very risky to rush him back as the likelihood of further injury is great.  Lose him for the next two or three or he comes back, plays and they lose him through the Divisional Round of the playoffs?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 13:22 »

You always have to weigh the bullshit factor with any BR injury.

If he can't go, I'd play both Dixon and Batch. Heck, I might just opt for Dixon. Scramble and toss it deep. No sense having Charlie killed, so close to Xmas.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 14:05 »

so close to Xmas.

I thought Canadian Christmas was in September?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 15:04 »

so close to Xmas.

I thought Canadian Christmas was in September?
Yes, but their September is our December.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 15:09 »

Yes, but their September is our December.

That was true back in the 80s, when the exchange rate was killing us. But now we're back close to level par, with you Yanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: