Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 01, 2014 at 01:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec 19 @ SF  (Read 9425 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 13:16 »

At this point I think unless Balty loses Sunday I'd sit guys out this week.  With Rams and Cleveland left, should not be an issue keeping the 5 seed.  That would be likely first round matchup with AFCW champ.  Not the end of the world.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 13:47 »

At this point I think unless Balty loses Sunday I'd sit guys out this week.  With Rams and Cleveland left, should not be an issue keeping the 5 seed.  That would be likely first round matchup with AFCW champ.  Not the end of the world.

I agree. If Balty wins, rest all the gimps, including Woodley, unless he's 100% by now. This doesn't mean losing automatically; the 49ers wouldn't have been able to breakdown the second units they'd see all over the place. Remember how we beat a 9-7 Buffalo team on the road at the end of '04 with our backups? And St. Pierre at QB? A backup NFL player is a motivated NFL player, given a chance.

And I like the suggestion upthread to play both Batch and Dixon. Draw up some plays for Dixon and let him Tebow it up in there. Smiley

One other point: I don't think it makes any sense to "work" for the 5th seed. There's no difference this year between the 5 or 6 seed, in my opinion. Either team we'd play that first round has a chump at QB, and the 2nd and 3rd round would involve beating both NE and Balty on the road, in one order or another. The odds of winning the 5th seed and playing at home for the conference champion are fucking slim -- unless anyone really believe HOuston or Denver could beat either NE or Balty? I wouldn't bet on either one if you gave me 15 points.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 14:08 »

At this point, I'd sit Ben, Pouncey and anybody else that isn't damn close to 100%.  Let them all heal up for the playoffs.  They're not getting a bye, anyway, so might as well just get the walking wounded back into game shape.  They're gonna need the extra rest being a 5 or 6 seed.

OK.  So, forget what I said about them not being able to get a bye.  LOL.

Still, I find it extremely hard to believe that #7 is going to be able to suit up and be effective.  I think I'd be less skeptical and concerned if he was a prototypical statue, pocket passer; just drop back and get rid of it.  But, his game relies so much on his escapabilitiy and mobility (particularly with the state of the Oline) to get the job done that, I dunno...I've just got a bad feeling.  If he starts, I hope he's able to finish.

Pouncey, Harrison and Sanders are out.  Woodman is a go...hope that hammy is at or close to 100%.  They're gonna need it.

Gotta make Smith try to beat them which obviously means keeping Gore in check.  Other than Baltimore and Houston, probably the best running attack they've faced all year.  Don't sleep on Smith, though, as he's been very effective this year.  The few games I've watched, I think he's shown great improvement in his decision making and accuracy.

Offensively, Roethlisberger is obviously the key.  They're gonna need him to make plays and open things up for the running game.  Success in the ground game is going to be predicated on misdirection and timing.  If he struggles, they'll be in it deep.

This one is tough to predict.  If Ben was out, I'd say that there's a very slim chance they're going home with a "W."  With him "giving it a go," other than it being a semi-low scoring game, I don't know what to expect; might need a defensive score to get the win.

17-16...somebody?
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 at 16:20 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 14:38 »

A couple of defensive scores and a special teams touchdown would come in handy tonight.

I was going to type ST TD, but that's too easy for you bastards.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 15:59 »

I was going to type ST TD, but that's too easy for you bastards.

Starts out easy, winds up painful.

pimp

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 16:39 »

Just don't get Ben killed, zero RZ turnovers, come out with a win, don't care how ugly.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 19:47 »

Holy fuck, these ESPN fucktards needs to shut the hell up. The lights went out for for like 10 minutes and they're all trying to be Jim McKay at Munich.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 20:06 »

INT.  Sumbitch.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 20:14 »

Holy fuck, these ESPN fucktards needs to shut the hell up. The lights went out for for like 10 minutes and they're all trying to be Jim McKay at Munich.

No kidding man.  It was an effing transformer.  Shit happens.  The Fat Man is annoying as hell.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #39 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 20:14 »

Um OK, how about a stop here, boys?

- Rodney Anonymous