Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 09:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec 19 @ SF  (Read 8047 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #70 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 22:53 »

Bitch call.  I'm out.  Wake me up if some miracle occurs.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #71 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 23:06 »

Bitch call.  I'm out.  Wake me up if some miracle occurs.

Only thing of consequence that could happen at this point is further injury to Ben.  But I cannot get through to Tomlin, he has got the phone off the hook or something.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #72 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 23:21 »

Played like shit tonight. Bad gameplans all around. 3 picks and a fumble for Ben. Shouldn't have played tonight. Dixon should have started, with the shit OL play against a strong front 7.

Woodley injured again. Sweet.

Balty has the Browns and Bengals left, and must drop one. I think they should shut it down. Rest Ben and whoever else for the WC round. They need the rest.

The team wasn't ready to play tonight. Very disappointing.

WTF Tomlin? The game is over and Ben is still in? Unbelievable.

KTBFFH
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #73 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 23:34 »

After the first 2 picks my nine year old was calling for Batch.

Tomlin looked pretty stupid tonight.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #74 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 05:14 »

Yeah, they should have had Batch in there in the 4th at minimum.

Does anyone else kind of get a sick feeling watching Timmons play of late?

I was willing to cut him a break at the beginning of the year -- short camp, then moved all over the place, inside and out. But he's back where he is "supposed" to be, and it seems like all he does is chase people from way behind or over pursue. Does not seem to be in position to ever break on a ball over the middle or anything.Thought last year the dude was going to be special -- covering TE's, blitzing up the middle, and creating turnovers, but it hasn't happened.   

Kid got a case of VD last night that was particularly nasty. 

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #75 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:17 »

Here's the deal....with Ben's ankle situation, this play calling just isn't cutting it.  Slow developing pass plays against an active defense like this on the road and with a QB who is the definition of "statue" just doesn't make any sense at all.  If this is the gameplan, go with Dixon.  This shit just isn't cutting it.

Establish the damn run and throw quick passes off of it.  The biggest misnomer in sports is that the run has to be working to go play action.  The THREAT of a run is all you need.  Once again, BA looks like he's in Amateur Hour.

This...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #76 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:17 »

PLAY UP ON THE FUCKING WIDE RECEIVERS!  GOD DAMMIT!  IT'S ALEX FUCKING SMITH!  He can complete the 10 yard pass.  He can't complete the 25 yard pass.  Stop giving them all the underneath shit, which is all he can complete anyways.

...and this.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #77 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:37 »

4.3 ypc and there are only 15 attempts by Mendenhall

WTAF ARIANS!!?

And I still say Tomlin has no sense of risk/reward and when to go for it on 4th down.  Despite the outcome, that was a winnable game up until the point that it wasn't - when their miracle FG was answered by a swift TD.

Had they converted and managed to get the TD (they were moving the ball well the whole game) to take a 7-6 lead, the 49ers would have puckered hard IMO.  They might have ridden that to a 7-6 win.

And I'm serious - for the rest of the season if they're faced with a 4th down between the 25 and 40 they should go for it for the rest of the season - the odds are better than the FG attempt.  Look it up.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #78 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:02 »

WTAF ARIANS!!?

And I still say Tomlin has no sense of risk/reward and when to go for it on 4th down.  Despite the outcome, that was a winnable game up until the point that it wasn't - when their miracle FG was answered by a swift TD.

Had they converted and managed to get the TD (they were moving the ball well the whole game) to take a 7-6 lead, the 49ers would have puckered hard IMO.  They might have ridden that to a 7-6 win.

And I'm serious - for the rest of the season if they're faced with a 4th down between the 25 and 40 they should go for it for the rest of the season - the odds are better than the FG attempt.  Look it up.

Tomlin is the man...especially when it comes to situational football. You don't like it? He's got a healthy dose of coach speak comin' at your ass.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #79 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:05 »

WTAF ARIANS!!?

Tomlin is the man...especially when it comes to situational football. You don't like it? He's got a healthy dose of coach speak comin' at your ass.

We attempt the FG and so the FG is attempted.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: