Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 00:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 8 - Cleveland  (Read 5308 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:58 »

However, to his credit, RM was running with a MFing purpose last night.  Still swings the rock around in traffic like it's a goddamned discus, but I appreciated the effort.

Agreed on the swinging of the ball. It's just a matter of time.

Was he even getting low on those goal line runs? Redman just seems to be able to squeeze into a crease and make a little progress. Marty Feldman is more of a bouncer...which doesn't really work at the goal line.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:22 »

Was he even getting low on those goal line runs? Redman just seems to be able to squeeze into a crease and make a little progress. Marty Feldman is more of a bouncer...which doesn't really work at the goal line.

You're on da money.  That's why Gocong was able to put the crown of his helmet on his chin a coupla times.  You're not gonna explode through anybody running upright and looking to bounce.  Whoever gets lower usually wins.  That's what Redman does well.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 13:09 »

And I've also said it before, Tomlin underwhelms me with his in-game coaching.  That decision to go for it on 4th and goal, while moot, was atrocious.  It was an absolutely awful decision.  Why?  Because he gave the Browns the one thing they needed, an opportunity for a big play, something to rally around.  If you kick the FG they don't have that.  Plus, you go up 7 points on an inferior opponent.  By giving them hope they were a TD away from leading the game.  And damn near did it due to Silverback's personal foul.  It took a great play by Gay to save the day.  The Browns were a play away from leading a game that at best they should have only been tying.

It's things like that.

I'm gonna sheep it up here with you, J and disagree with msdmnr and others.  And, it's not just one of those situations where I'm being results oriented.  I think it was definitely the wrong call.  I can totally appreciate a coach being aggressive and taking chances, but in that instance, up by only 4, you kick the FG. 

Yeah, you've got a great defense and the chances of them going 99 are slim if you don't make it, but you don't put yourself in a position, no matter how slim, where a score by the opposition gives them the lead.  If the score was 10-3 and you want to take a chance then?  Fine.

Yes, it wasn't the fact that they went for it but the situation that was wrong.

I'd like to think that Harrison thought he'd crossed the LOS already and that's why he went in the way he did, but still, why take the chance?  Go low, lower the shoulder and blast his midsection, just to be safe.  I'm sure you'd get a similar result and it would send an equally imposing message.

I thought the same thing watching it, pretty sure McCoy was across the LOS.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 13:33 »

I'd like to think that Harrison thought he'd crossed the LOS already and that's why he went in the way he did, but still, why take the chance?  Go low, lower the shoulder and blast his midsection, just to be safe.  I'm sure you'd get a similar result and it would send an equally imposing message.

I thought the same thing watching it, pretty sure McCoy was across the LOS.

He was about a yard short, but he had tucked the ball and gave the appearance of being a runner.  At the last second, he flips it out to the WR.  

James Harrison Huge Hit on Colt McCoy

To me, he's no longer a QB in that sitch, he's a running back.  This is going to be an issue in the future if you've got QBs out there running the option.  I'm interested to hear douchebag's interpretation of this.  I assume he's just gonna appease the masses and impose a 50-100K fine because all of the media outlets are calling for Harrison's head on a platter.  He and the Steelers are dirty and mean and they hit too hard and they're dirty...and stuff.

Goddamned pussies.

I miss the "Jacked Up!" segment on ESPN.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 13:39 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 14:05 »

I miss the "Jacked Up!" segment on ESPN.

True dat.  But I don't miss the fat guy calling it.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 16:48 »

Yes, it wasn't the fact that they went for it but the situation that was wrong.

I definitely can see the merit in kicking a FG there, and don't fault that logic.  But I would simply prefer to go for it and be up 4 where they still need a TD from 99 yards out, instead of ball at 30 still only down one score.  If we're up 7 in that situation, I actually would advocate kicking it to go up 2 scores, so I'm total opposite on you in this sitch.

As far as the Hoculi thing, the only really weird camera-hogging moment I remember was when for some bizarre reason he launched into a detailed explanation of why a team was declining a penalty.  However, for some weird reason I didn't have sound for most of the first half, so can't comment on what was said then.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 18:33 »

Does NFLN make a little more effort to catch all the sounds of the game?

THAT'S FUCKING HOLDING, THAT'S FUCKING HOLDING!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: