Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 23:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 27 @ KC  (Read 3592 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Nov 27, 2011 at 23:12 »

Well, a win is a win is a win, as they say.

I guess the game ball goes out to... ?

Wes Saunders for that catch. No doubt.  But consider Ben for extending several plays....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pain

« Reply #61 on: Nov 27, 2011 at 23:17 »

If I have to give it to one of our guys... I give it to Saunders; that was a hell of a catch. Then again, that's what he is supposed to do.

You could make a  case for Lewis on the last pick (or either of the other two picks) except they were thrown right to our guys. Nobody had to make a spectacular play on those...

Could give it to Palko or Coach Haley for kicking the FG instead of going for it on fourth, which in hindsight they may have gotten easily based on how they were moving the ball on us.
Pain

« Reply #62 on: Nov 27, 2011 at 23:18 »

Wes Saunders for that catch. No doubt.  But consider Ben for extending several plays....

Seemed like Ben did extend a shit ton of plays.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2011 at 23:22 by Pain » Logged
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #63 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 08:02 »

I'm as negative as anyone, but I'm not going to make much of how terrible we looked against KC. I hate road games in prime time. No matter how bad the home team looks on paper, those teams tend to get up for those games.

That said, it's really, really hard to say how good this team is. Thankfully this is a mediocre year in the NFL and our schedule has been forgiving, so we have as good a chance as anyone.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 09:44 »

I need to start doing heroin.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 10:07 »

I wish I could be as forgiving as others.

That was a bad team Pittsburgh played last night.  Really bad.  Might even be the worst they've seen all year and they've had the luxury of some real cupcakes in Seattle, Indy, 'Zona and Jacksonville.

But, this was Tyler Fucking Palko.  A guy that did his absolute best to gift wrap Pittsburgh the game.  And, they still almost fucked it up.  Pittsburgh made that KC defense look like the Ravens.  That group is in the bottom half in just about every category and near the bottom in several.  Yet, this "high powered offense" couldn't manage squat against them.  Yeah, the turnovers were killer, but they couldn't get into any sort of rhythm at all.  Inexcusable, especially off a bye.

I put a lot of that game on the coaching staff.  Offensively, just...wow.  Zero sense.  I've seen better play selection at pee wee games.  The defense was only OK.  IMO, the silver platter interceptions made their performance look better than it really was.  They better pull their collective heads out of their asses for Cincy next week because another performance like that will give them their 4th loss of the year.  They can't afford that.  Gotta stay neck and neck with Balty and hope they get tripped up somewhere along the way.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: