Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 17:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 9 - Nov 6 - Baltimore  (Read 5366 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #210 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 10:16 »

I'm feeling less and less po'd.  Now I want teh playoff rematch and I want it in Baltimore.  All the better to rip their hearts out on their own turf.  Suck that Suggs you horse-faced beeyotch!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #211 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 11:06 »

What I had a problem with was us playing man-to-man during the last drive. If you can't generate pressure on the QB, every single QB in the NFL will pick apart a man-to-man defense. Especially if William Gay is one of the DBs playing man. Seriously, Flacco had to go into the huddle and say, "If 22 is covering you, you're getting the ball."

And, if you can't get to the QB and generate that pressure, tell the DL/LBs to at least put their fucking arms up.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #212 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 16:58 »

I accept responsibility for that. There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned about that distance. We had some changes in personnel with a new holder. Under the circumstances, I didn’t want to give them the ball on that short of a field. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game, and then I made the decision to make them work the long length of the field, and ultimately that was probably the best option for us.

OK, so were you going for the FG or not?  And if you were and sent the team out late, there are these handy dandy things called "timeouts."  YOu call one, and they stop the clock for you so you can decide what to do and set up.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #213 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 08:50 »

"Source" says to expect fines against Harrison, Clark and Lewis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7207144/fines-likely-hits-pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-ryan-clark-baltimore-ravens-ray-lewis

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: