Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 03:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 9 - Nov 6 - Baltimore  (Read 5761 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2011 at 14:50 »

wonder if we'll see more DB blitzes -- esp. Polamalu -- against B-more with our top pass rushers out.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2011 at 15:09 »

My question is what BA will gameplan.  I think this time around the D will do a little better covering the WRs and containing Rice.  You don't usually screw over a LeBeau defense twice in the same season.  But that Ravens D could certainly throttle BA's offense twice. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2011 at 16:12 »

Geezus, since half the D is out can we forfeit and cut our losses by not losing another 3 or 4 O/D players to injury?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 08:36 »

My question is what BA will gameplan.  I think this time around the D will do a little better covering the WRs and containing Rice.  You don't usually screw over a LeBeau defense twice in the same season.  But that Ravens D could certainly throttle BA's offense twice. 

I think the same Patsy recipe could work.  Short to midrange stuff for the WRs and see if god's gift to fooseball can turn and run with Heat.

Like you said, DL will have 'em ready this time around.  Fool him once, shame on - shame on him, fool him - you can't get fooled again!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 11:08 »

I think the same Patsy recipe could work.  Short to midrange stuff for the WRs and see if god's gift to fooseball can turn and run with Heat.

Like you said, DL will have 'em ready this time around.  Fool him once, shame on - shame on him, fool him - you can't get fooled again!

Don't misunderestimate Arians.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 11:41 »

Woodman being overly optimistic?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 19:46 »

I don't know if I am overly confident in this team, but even with all those players out, I have a feeling we beat them pretty handily.  Flacco has never looked worse and the defense doesn't have anyone in the secondary that can slow down this passing attack.  Keep with the quick hits to Brown and Heat to keep Suggs off of Ben, and keep Rice in check and we should be able win this thing running away.  Need Mendenhall to hang on to the ball and just keep the defense honest enough.

Here's hoping the team didn't blow their wad against the Pats last week and that this is just the start of things to come.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 22:48 »

and keep Rice in check

You can't just sneak it in there like it's an afterthought.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2011 at 08:00 »

I'd expect nothing other than the usual 3 pt victory with an addt'l 4 players Q for next week.  Been some time since B'more won at Heinz, been even longer since they swept.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Nov 03, 2011 at 08:01 »

If Woodley plays, sounds like he will be 75%, at the most, and likely risk re-injury.  I presume he's out, along with Harrison and the numerous others.  I don't see the defense doing much to stop the run.  If snacks can get some plays, and Kiesel maybe they'll do better against the run than last game.  The DB's are playing very un-Steeler like and, as mentioned, Flacco could be our defensive MVP this game.

BA had such clarity putting that game plan together for NE, he blew the load for the year.  They do something completely inept and ineffective.

I have a feeling there is no way the Steelers pull this one out.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: