Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 21:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 9 - Nov 6 - Baltimore  (Read 5474 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #200 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 23:15 »

if the plan was to kick the FG if they gained yardage, and to punt if they didn't, then why the fuck didn't they run the ball to take another 40 seconds off the clock or to force Baltimore to take their last timeout?!

Have to agree with that.  At least run a conventional pass play, and tell Ben to simply take the sack...at the least, you take it to the 2 minute warning and then decide if you want to punt or go FG.  Hell, if we do that, we win the game.

Just like my boy said:  The STEELERS had more to do with the outcome than the winning team.

Credit to the Oline, they did a stellar job tonight. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #201 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 23:22 »

Credit to the Oline, they did a stellar job tonight. 

At least there's that.  Sigh.  Screw it all - just look at how Green Bay is rolling.  Anyone really want to see that rematch?  Really?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #202 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 23:30 »

At least there's that.  Sigh.  Screw it all - just look at how Green Bay is rolling.  Anyone really want to see that rematch?  Really?

Honestly, I had fairly low expectations coming into the season.  But the Steelers always do this.  Too good and too prideful just to lay down, and too good at QB to let things get out of hand.  They draw me back in and get the hopes up one more time...but it doesn't look like they have enough to really challenge for the title.

But who knows?  Packers could have easily lost today.  I'm really not impressed by Balty or Cincy or NE or Jets.  In good ole Coach-Speak, just have to put this one aside and get ready for the Been-gals.  They'll come in fired up next week.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #203 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 23:40 »

In regards to the punt vs. field goal:

It is becoming pretty apparent that the Steelers coaching staff has little to no confidence in the field goal unit.  Last week the Steelers deliberately (or it at least seemed as so) took themselves out of field goal range with a minute left in the game.  Tonight they apparently pass* on the opportunity to make it a 7 point game by taking a delay of game.

I will never be a proponent of "playing not to lose," especially with my #1/#2 pass rusher hamstringed.

*That said, I do believe the delay of game was a time management mix up, but that it was likely caused by Tomlin's lack of confidence in the FG team; both of which I find disturbing.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2011 at 23:46 by scballersc » Logged
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #204 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 00:02 »

Suisham sucks. Would have missed. You miss that FG you give Baltimore the ball on the 30 yard line with all the momentum in the world. Missed FGs result in a huge momentum switch. I would have punted even if we didn't get the DoG penalty called against us.

What I had a problem with was us playing man-to-man during the last drive. If you can't generate pressure on the QB, every single QB in the NFL will pick apart a man-to-man defense. Especially if William Gay is one of the DBs playing man. Seriously, Flacco had to go into the huddle and say, "If 22 is covering you, you're getting the ball."

The officiating during the first three quarters was fucking ridiculous. Let them fucking play. Huge penalties against Taylor and Clarke were bullshit and killed us.

I'm hammered and pissed. Fuck the world.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #205 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 00:24 »

What I had a problem with was us playing man-to-man during the last drive.

If a drunk, pissed off guy can figure this out, one has to wonder what the coaching staff was seeing.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #206 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 08:52 »

Were you going to kick the field goal on that play where you were called for delay of game, and did the penalty change your decision?

I accept responsibility for that. There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned about that distance. We had some changes in personnel with a new holder. Under the circumstances, I didn’t want to give them the ball on that short of a field. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game, and then I made the decision to make them work the long length of the field, and ultimately that was probably the best option for us.

http://www.steelersgab.com/2011/11/07/tomlin-on-the-loss-we-didn%e2%80%99t-make-enough-plays-to-win-the-game/

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #207 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:13 »

Flacco had 300 yds and there must have been at least 5 drops that were gimmes.

After last week I was thinking we might actually have a secondary.

Why couldn't Rice have tipped that ball just a little bit more...right to Troy.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #208 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:15 »

I hope someone clocks Suggs and knocks that shit out of his mouth so we can understand what he says.  Maybe he just has big gums?!?!

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:29 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #209 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:24 »

+1

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print