Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 02:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 8 - Oct 30 - New England  (Read 5035 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #110 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:21 »

FUCKING SWEET!  SAFETY!!!!  Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  Keisel the Deisel!!  They were only rushing 3!  Great coverage.  Great play by Polamalu to knock the ball away.

Generally great play by the Steelers secondary all day long, commendations to all.  And good pressure by the front seven.  Gotta say, I'm surprised both by the outcome and the level of play by the Steelers.

Nobody can say the Patsies laid an egg.  They came in and got whipped for 60 straight minutes.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #111 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:26 »

And hand it to Ben.  What a day passing the ball, he out-Beardy'd Beardy, Tunch just said that.  Wow.  What a turn of events.  Great job by all parts of the team.

Looks like Bellychump said something to Tomlin, wonder what it was.  That was more than the usual limp-wristed handshake you see from that guy.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #112 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:29 »

Dig that box

Doubled 'em up on yardage and TOP.  That is utter domination.  Now forget about that and get ready for the Ratties next week b/c I don't think they'll be impressed.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #113 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:54 »

Finally played man-to-man against these guys and came out throwing and controlling the clock a la the Divisional Round playoff game against Manning and the Colts in 2005/06.  Loved the game plan, outside of the debacle on 2nd/3rd down of our last series.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #114 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 19:37 »

Great game! Couldn't get as belligerently exuberant as I might have otherwise -- I was watching with my one Patriots-fan friend (he's a good one, though). He hosted, so I tried not to hump the tv when Brady got sacked, or kick it in when the refs called PI against us.

I did almost piss all over his carpet to mark my territory though.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #115 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 19:53 »

Great game! Couldn't get as belligerently exuberant as I might have otherwise -- I was watching with my one Patriots-fan friend (he's a good one, though). He hosted, so I tried not to hump the tv when Brady got sacked, or kick it in when the refs called PI against us.

I did almost piss all over his carpet to mark my territory though.

Game ball goes to LFT.

I think about this game, and I think FUCKYOUPATRIOTS and then I think what a great game we had on offense.  Held it when we needed to, moved it at will, Ben was the man, everyone caught what was catchable, Mendenhall hit the first seam he saw. On the d side, they got pressure with 5 rushing and the secondary made the tackle at the point of contact. Just a great performance all around.    

Baltimore next week is a different beast though.    
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2011 at 20:01 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #116 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 21:38 »

Great all around game.  Offense moved and killed clock, D was lights out except for maybe one drive, great playcalling/gameplan.  Only one major mistake, and minor one of too many FG attempts.

That said, my concern is this.  We played as clode to damn near perfect as we could, in all three phases, at home.  Yet Pats STILL managed to stick around and make a game of it.  We've got to figure a way to force some turnovers if we're gonna go anywhere this year.

give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #117 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 22:21 »

I'm a little concerned that we couldn't put them away a lot earlier.  It should have been a 20 point victory. 

Tough to complain about a win against the Patsies though.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #118 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 06:20 »

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #119 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 10:11 »

I'm a little concerned that we couldn't put them away a lot earlier.  It should have been a 20 point victory.  

Tough to complain about a win against the Patsies though.

Agreed on all points.  But while the offense failed to score more TDs, at least they possessed the ball and kicked FGs.  And the defense was simply stellar.  The second Patsie TD allowed was more about draining the clock than anything else IMO, but they were helped by the non-TD in that respect.  

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: