Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 00:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 5 - Oct 9 - Tennessee  (Read 3226 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #40 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 09:01 »

And it pisses me off that I finally picked against the Steelers and they fucked me again.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 09:09 »

Roethlisberger obviously had more time to throw the ball, and maybe the receivers were more open than usual, but what a huge difference with Ben compelled to get rid of the ball instead of standing back there taking a pounding.

I'm not saying he should play Bubby style, duck-n-throw, but maybe when he doesn't feel like he got hit by a truck today, like he usually does, maybe he'll "get it".

Hard to believe the Titans that the Steelers played yesterday is the same team that put a beat down on the Ravens.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 09:23 »

Hard to believe the Titans that the Steelers played yesterday is the same team that put a beat down on the Ravens.

Parody in the NFL.

Ravens >>> Steelers >>> Titans >>> Ravens... reductio ad absurdum.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Oct 11, 2011 at 09:57 »

Few more thoughts. 

I was confused by why Mundy was in, thought he replaced Clark, but it looks like LeBeau re-configured the dime.  So Lewis plays outside CB, Gay moves to the slot, Mundy takes over SS, and Pola moves to ILB.  Clever.  LeBeau never did that before because he was loathe to lose the speed of Timmons.  But with Timmons playing OLB, he could have Timmons and Pola on the field.

Looks to me like that should be a permanent change.  Give Harrison a breather in dime packages, let Pola muddle the middle.  Hasselbeck's post-game comments were pretty much that Polamalu confused the shit out of him.

Also, bloody obvious, but isn't it nice that an improved OL leads to better running, and when you run effectively you can do some PA?  Who fucking knew, right? 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: