Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 14:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 1 - Sep 11 @ Baltimore  (Read 4642 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 15, 2011 at 09:23 »

Ten years to the day.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 10:29 »

Sad day, mixed emotions about the 1st game of the season being on 9-11. I hate that day.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:00 »

Well, nothing like stomping a mud hole in the Ravens to make ya feel better though.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 12:21 »

Well, nothing like stomping a mud hole in the Ravens to make ya feel better though.

tt02

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 08:28 »

The Steelers are an underdog in this game?  Really? Are you kidding me?  What is Ray-Ray, a thousand years old?  Ed Reed is using a walker, their wide outs are, uh, who?  

Now that Ray Rice guy ain't bad, at least Bawler Flacco will  have somebody to throw to.

I predict a victory formation at the end of the game, Steelers take this one 24-13.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2011 at 09:10 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 09:07 »

Don't mean to be cocky, and we all know the Ratties-Stillers deathmatches are 3-point wins, lots of bloodied noses and broken bones.  They'll get after Ben with as much pressure as they can, and it'll be one of those keep the defib paddles warm types of endings.

But.  Still.

I can't help feeling like the Steelers haven't dropped off since 2010, whereas the Ratties have.  Still expect us to be the two teams to pace the division, but that's not saying much frankly.

1. New DC (Chuck Pagano), formerly secondary coach.  2. LT Bryant McKinnie an 11th hour replacement, cut from Minnie, and C Andre Gurode may start over Matt Birk, and is also an 11th hour replacement having been cut from the Boys.  Both players appear to be on the decline.  Their OGs and RT appear solid tho'.  3. TE Todd Heap has been bothered by injuries of late, but he was a solid safety valve before joining the Stillers West.  TEs Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta will need to fill his shoes.  4.  The WR issue remains ugly.  Boldin returns, and Lee Evans was added, but Evans's foot is questionable, and beyond those two are a bunch of young guys (Torrey Smith, Tandon Doss).  Very shaky.  Expect a huge dose of Ray Rice running and receiving.   The additions of FB Vontae Leach and RB Wicky Williams will help, some.  5.  Secondary issues could continue as CB Josh Wilson and S Dawan Landry are gone.  Vet CBs Domonique Foxworth, Lard Webb, and Chris Carr will be fighting for starting jobs with rookie first rounder Jimmy Williams and some fourth rounder named Cary Williams whom I’ve never heard of.  Right now, Foxworth and Williams appear to be starters.  Not an easy task, facing the Steelers fearsome five.  6.  Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs are still top players, but NT Terrence Cody hasn’t shown he can hold the point yet.  He’s a jumbo, but is he strong and durable enough?  Ray Lewis, Jarrett Johnson, and Cory Redding flesh out the rest of a very good front 7, but they will need to carry the secondary.  If they gamble too much on the blitz, it could be a big payday for the Steelers O.  7.  Flacco ain’t bad, but he ain’t Ben.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 09:59 »

I really really hope we can punch those Ratbirds in the face & make 'em roll over and cry.  A blowout would make me very happy. 
I'm already afraid I might have to take a Xanax or two before the game.

Or mix up a big batch of Nyquiltinis....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 12:23 »

Attack the weak spots.  Their blindside protector is McKinnie, who's new to the system and a big fat tub of shit.  He doesn't have Todd Heap to help block, he's got Eric Dickson and Dennis Pitta.  You take away Dickson as a receiver, and they have Boldin and Evans and a bunch of rooks.  Send screaming stunts and overloads on that left side, bull Dickson, make McKinnie slide out, force Grubbs off the double team and have to seal the gap.  And while you're at it, send the corner blitz from that ball of confusion, get 9-finger Ike over there to rattle Fucco. 

On the flip, you attack those corners.  Cary Williams is a year 4 guy with no starts, and you have rookie Jimmy Smith opposite.  Get some confusion underneath and with bunch sets and get the ball to Sanders and Brown.  Let Wallace run on whoever, and I don't care how fast they are if he gets a good juke on them he's money.  Let Hines and Heath do their thing and move the chains.  If Arians runs Mendy up the middle for a loss on the first play I'm shitting right on the fucking floor.  Throw the ball, get them on their heels, then let Mendy and Redman take advantage.  This team is sick with WRs, flip their roles and assignments often and let Ben get into a rhythm.  Don't wait till 0:01 on the playclock every time, run some no-huddle, go very up-tempo and tire their bigs.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 13:52 »

If Arians runs Mendy up the middle for a loss on the first play I'm shitting right on the fucking floor. 

You might wanna put down a sheet of plastic.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 14:43 »

If Arians runs Mendy up the middle for a loss on the first play I'm shitting right on the fucking floor. 

You might wanna put down a sheet of plastic.

I'll be screaming ZAMIR COBB!  ZAMIR COBB!  ZAMIR COBB!

Pages: [1] 2 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: