Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 15:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #2 - 8/18 - Philadelphia  (Read 2257 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 18, 2011 at 09:11 »

OK, we get Troy and Silverback back; inactives:  Ike, B. McFadden, Crez Butler, Will Allen, C. Kemo, Manny Sanders, and ILB Mario Harvey.

Not worried about Ike.  Worried about BMac, seems like he's been injured a lot, and flawed as he his Gay is worse.  Really was hoping for Crez Butler to step up too, but have to take the long view with him.  Don't think Allen's injury is major.  All in all, we're without quite a few of our best DBs, and I don't expect Troy to be out on the field for much more than a test drive.  So the Eagles should have fun passing on us.  REALLY curious to see how Curtis Brown does in his first action.

Kemo should be OK, unless the knee shit lingers.  We have plenty of Roly Polys, so whatever. 

Sort of worried about Sanders, but reports are he's close to coming back.  In the meantime, has A. Brown leapfrogged him?

Mario Harvey = intriguing speed, no chance of making the roster from the tub.  Prolly not even the practice squad.  Somehow we found some interesting depth at ILB and OLB in the last few drafts.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 09:18 »

Guys to watch: 

Curtis Brown.  Great raw talent IMO, but hasn't gotten a ton of practice due to injury.  Still, could he push BMac and thee Gay one for a starter role?  In a **** LeBeau defense?  Show it, baby!

Jon Dwyer.  I've been saying his odds are long to make the roster this year, but apparently he lost 20 pounds is is motivated to prove some shit.  So prove some shit, K?

Tony Hills.  I'd written off Hills, but if he can be starter at RG, that opens up competition at LG.  Could be a big boost to the line.

Dennis Dixon.  [*In Cris Carter voice*]  Come on, man!

Tyler Grisham.  Still waiting to see what the local beats are stirred up about.  Wes Welker?  Sure.

Wes Saunders.  We really, really, REALLY need a backup TE, and David Johnson and John Gilmore are limited role players.  Saunders has a short window to shine.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 09:23 »

Also:

Can anyone from the bottom of the DB list make some plays and push Keenan Lewis, thee Gay turd, and BMac?  They all appear to be locks by default, just having been around the system and all.

Donovan Warren, Damon Cromartie-Smith, Macho Harris, Kevin Dockery, Niles Brinkley, Brett Greenwood, I'm talking to you.  

Cuz I'm not thrilled about Ryan Mundy or even Will Allen, either, although they too appear to be locks by default.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 16:05 »

I'm curious about Macho Harris. I lived in Richmond when he was at VT, and from what I recall, he was a stud there. When I read about the Steelers signing him, it blew my mind when I learned he was on his third team in as many seasons. Doesn't sound like he's much of a player at the pro level, but maybe his skills will be revived. Plus, maybe he can play CB as he did in college and fair better than he has at safety.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 18:57 »

5 minutes to kickoff.

Is it too soon to mention how much a dick Joe Buck is?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 20:08 »

Mike Vick making me wonder if I should keep him for the Chickens.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 21:18 »

Dwyer, meh.  Dixon, meh.  Grisham, meh.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 21:30 »

I think Dwyer looks great.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 21:51 »

Warren has been on the field a lot and seems to be around the football a good bit.

BTW, Goodell has apparently forbidden any referee from calling a hold by any tackle vs. any Steeler OLB.  Oh well, at least he's not just picking on Harrison.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 21:54 »

And who is this dumbell sideline reporter tonight?  Wow, she is terrible...and that's saying something when you consider the list of female sideline reporters.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: