Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 12:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the NFL sucks  (Read 654 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:12 »

First off this was a great, CLEAN hit.  He got flagged on the play whichis bullshit.
Secondly if this was James Harrison or even Ryan Clark they would have been fined the next day.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0oGdVHRcFJOG04AdGZXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=denver%20broncos%20moore&fr2=tab-web&fr=slv8-

Just wish football players were allowed to play football.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:32 »

If you're talkin' about the Rahim Moore/Donald Jones hit, I don't see how you could say it was clean; it was questionable even under the "old" rules.  Maybe if it was still the Noll era...

Go to the :52 second mark or so where you can see it in slo-mo.  He led with the crown of hit helmet and struck the receiver in the chin/facemask area.  Helmet to helmet.

Seems pretty clear cut to me, but maybe I've just been brainwashed from all the penalties and fines.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:53 »

Seems to me that he led with the shoulder.  10 years ago it would not even had been a penalty.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 11:58 »

I watched it a few times. To me, he led with the shoulder, but because it was higher up, it may have looked like the helmet in real time.

Let's face it, the flag is because the guy is lying there looking dead. If a guy bounces up, no flag.

If he goes a little lower with the same result, he'd probably get the defenseless receiver flag. Didn't catch what the exact call was.

They don't want anyone to get hurt. Everyone gets it at their own 20 (Bears, Browns should be fucking livid about this new KO rule) and you can't light anyone up.

Rog wants that Man Who Killed The NFL cover on SI. He'll get it.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2011 at 01:37 »

Not to worry.  Tim Tebow came in and offered forgiveness and full restoration to Moore.  He then held out his hand to heal Donald Jones, but his healing powers hit the turf 5 yards before it got to him.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 14:39 »

Moore fined 20K, but based on new CBA rules, the max penalty is 25% of weekly salary.  I think that equates to about 5K for him.

Went back and watched the video again.  Gotta say, still think it was helmet to helmet.  The view from the endzone camera at about 0:47 is best.  You can see he goes in pretty high and is almost standing totally upright when making contact.  He doesn't aim for the chest, midsection or any other part of his torso.  And, it's not like the receiver ducked down which resulted in contact to the helmet like the Harrison/Massaquoi hit last year.  The receiver was extended trying to make the catch.

I'm usually the first to gripe about the pussification of the league, but I think this one was kind of an easy decision.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: