Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 19:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Steeler FA signings  (Read 4264 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #60 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 14:49 »

Yeah, I don't know which one.  But I'm thinking if I watched one of those again, it might not be funny anymore. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 14:56 »

Yeah, I don't know which one.  But I'm thinking if I watched one of those again, it might not be funny anymore. 

That's because you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 15:00 »

But I'm thinking if I watched one of those again, it might not be funny anymore. 

jive talk (AIRPLANE)

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 13:22 »

In case you slept through it, they held the supplemental draft today.  Terrelle Pryor and... some guys I know nothing about.  Rumors were going fast and furious in the Interspheres that some team might cough up a R3 for TP, and lo and be-frickin'-HOLD, the Raiduhs do just that.

Bravo.  Well done.

And here we all thought Al Davis was dead.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 13:58 »

Shoulda posted my call.  I heard typicall 5-6th round, maybe four, and I immediately thought Raiders in third.  And that was without knowing they had blown their 4th in 2012 getting Jason Campbell.

Raiders now have no second, third or fourth rounder next year - for Joe Barksdale (OT), Taiwan Jones (third RB at best), a journeyman QB in Campbell, and a project at best Pryor. 

Looks like 2010 will be one of the great glory years when they actually got back to .500

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Aug 23, 2011 at 11:43 »

Dolphins sign Larry Johnson.  You think I'm kidding.  The upside is, Kory Sheets is available for some lucky team to sign now.

In Bengals news, Bill Belichick is being investigated in the home invasion that resulted in ex-Bengal Lamar Odom going to the hospital.  We all know Belly likes to take a shot on washed up players....  Bengals also spent an undisclosed draft pick to acquire apparent 2010 draft bust Taylor Swift Mays, making the Bengals the 49ers East.  Because, you know, everyone wants to be the Niners 'n' all.

First, rookie CB Prince Amakukamara-Cromartie suffers a fractured foot, and can't play for the Giants until October; now, starter Terrell Thomas is gone for the season.  Do I smell a first-round pick for one William Gayness?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Aug 23, 2011 at 13:08 »

Updates:  before signing Larry Johnson, the Dolphins brought in Clinton Portis.  Of course, they also worked out Tiki Barber.  And I think Mercury Morris was in to test the wheels, too.

Smells Like Teen Espirit Desperation at the Ravens camp.  Points of irony:  a few years ago, it looked like the Ravens were wisely crafting a solid OL while the Steelers FO dithered over adding new talent.  Now I wouldn't trade for that Ratties line straight up.  Second irony:  local rag reprinted a Philly beat writer who lamented the Iggles offense versus the Steelers, pointing to how far they could go if only they had an offensive line like the Packers... or Steelers...

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: