Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 22:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saints @ Packers - Opening Night  (Read 612 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 08, 2011 at 15:12 »

Should be a good one.  Defending champs usually take openers down the following year, especially at home, but I think the Saints are gonna give them fits tonight.

FWIW, gotta say that having opening weekend land on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 really takes a lot of the bloom off that opening weekend rose.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 19:43 »

Agree about the date.  Just doesn't feel as exciting. 

I can't believe how much my hate of Green Bay has grown.  Before last year I only slightly rooted against them, now I want them to get crushed, I guess that's what a SB loss will do. 

It is nice to be on the couch watching the stat tracker again, though.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 20:35 »

Color me impressed so far. Does Rogers really have more TDs than incomplete passes so far?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 21:06 »

Wow, did I make a bonehead call in sitting Sproles.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 22:53 »

Terrible play call on the last play.  You have to throw the ball there.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 09:37 »

I can't believe how much my hate of Green Bay has grown.  Before last year I only slightly rooted against them, now I want them to get crushed, I guess that's what a SB loss will do. 

Still can't bring myself to hate them:  they're not all douchey like the Patriots or anything.  I think they go about doing their business, pretty much the blue collar no flash and bullshit mentality, with maybe the exception of pretty girl Clay Matthews.  If that fucking asshole wets and whips his hair one more fucking time it'll be too many.

Steelers had plenty of shots in the SB.  Better team won that day.  We'll get our revenge.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 09:52 »

You guys did see my boy, Randall Cobb, right?
I mean, I can't really cheer for the Pack, although I don't hate them.
But I was cheering my head off for Randall.  He's something special.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 10:01 »

Terrible play call on the last play.  You have to throw the ball there.

Completely agree.  Payton is the queen of misdirection and unpredictability.  So, 4th and goal from the 1 for the chance to tie and you go with a halfback dive against a defensive front that's owned you for the last 59:59?  Nice brain fart.  Shoulda gone PAP or something along the lines of their second to last TD when Brees faked the quick out left, went PA, then threw a dart to the right flat.  TD.  Shit, even a naked bootleg QB sweep would've been a better choice.

I was waffling back and forth pregame whether to go with the spread (+4) or the 47.5 O/U.  I think you know which one I took.  

Seriously, it feels like all or nothing for game picks for me.  It's like a goddamned roller coaster.  Two years ago, shitty results.  Last year, won my handicapping league and had best season ever finishing almost 65% correct.  This year, I started last week going 1-5 and with last night's finish, this week is off to a crappy start too.

Still can't bring myself to hate them:  they're not all douchey like the Patriots or anything.  I think they go about doing their business, pretty much the blue collar no flash and bullshit mentality, with maybe the exception of pretty girl Clay Matthews.  If that fucking asshole wets and whips his hair one more fucking time it'll be too many.

Steelers had plenty of shots in the SB.  Better team won that day.  We'll get our revenge.

Completely agree as well.

In both of my bigger fantasy leagues, I took Rodgers in R1; 2nd overall in one, 3rd overall in the other.  There are a lot of the same guys in both leagues and they were laughing their heads off.  Not so funny now, huh?  Seriously think he'll put up 35-40 TDs this year.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: