Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 21:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, here we go again  (Read 927 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Sep 12, 2011 at 17:26 »

No, this is not a topic on the Steelers' offensive line.  More on that later.

I am now the host of a daily show, The Home-Field Advantage, on ESPN 1400/97.1fm in upstate SC.  We're on from 9-10 am, and you can catch us at espnspartanburg.com

Unlike our previous ventures, we are owned by the station--which means we get PAID, but we don't dictate all of our content.  We are mandated to do a lot of SEC/ACC/Panthers (ugh), but of course I have to work in my Steelers whenever possible.

We also have a new blog, http://homefieldupstate.blogspot.com.  Would love for you guys and gals to check it out.

Oh, and yes, I am (embarrassingly) on twitter:  TheRev78.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 18:40 »

Please use your power to advocate for WVU to the SEC.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 19:00 »

I will be shocked if this does not happen.  Point was made that WV is not fertile recruiting ground.  But, Western PA and Eastern OH are--and WVU gives the SEC a corridor to those territories.

I think there is a chance that SEC goes for A&M, WVU, VaTech.  They would love to add Oklahoma, but that's questionable.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 21:21 »

Congrats!  Gotcha bookmarked.  Hey, I think Cam Newton surprised everyone except maybe Cam Newton, just ask Cam Newton.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 22:47 »

I think there is a chance that SEC goes for A&M, WVU, VaTech.  They would love to add Oklahoma, but that's questionable.

I don't think Va Tech would jump out of the ACC so soon, unless they think the league is going to collapse.  They've got it pretty good over here.

Be funny as hell if A&M got into SEC to avoid Texas, then Texas came along right after them.  Don't think it will happen though.

SEC should try for OK and OK State, A&M and W.Va, assuming they can't/won't raid ACC.  ACC should also look at WVU, then Pitt, Louisville.  Love for them to give Boston College back to Big East.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 09:14 »

Dang - Preach is a paid talking head.  That is awesome. 

You gotta float a MGS reference out there some time this year.  "who would have thought the Steelers woud be 0-3 this season?  The fans in pittsburgh and fans on steeler forums, like MGS, are beside themselves".

BOOOOOM

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 12:16 »

I will be shocked if this does not happen.  Point was made that WV is not fertile recruiting ground.  But, Western PA and Eastern OH are--and WVU gives the SEC a corridor to those territories.

If they add those three, they'd have to add Oklahoma (or someone else), as that would put them at 15. Personally, I see them going to 16, so as not to be outdone by the Pac12/16. In addition to A&M, I think it's WVU, VT and Mizzou. WVU is the 16th team (announced a year after the 14th).

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 14:19 »

Looks like the Okies (Sooners and Cowboys) are more focused on going to the PAC 12.  Fine.  I'd prefer the SEC simply for the higher level of competition and what I think would be a better recruiting pool, but who knows?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 14:49 »

Looks like the Okies (Sooners and Cowboys) are more focused on going to the PAC 12.  Fine.  I'd prefer the SEC simply for the higher level of competition and what I think would be a better recruiting pool, but who knows?

I don't get why any player or team (especially those not even close to the west coast) would want to go to the PAC-X. The world revolves around the east coast, and that's where the primary exposure is.

jasonic

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 16:46 »

I'm a fan of the Pac10 and the reason the exposure isn't that great has a lot to do with the time difference as well....I finally got to see Arizona State on TV last weekend and was up till 2 am for the OT win against Mizzou

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: