Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 23:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, here we go again  (Read 901 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 19:19 »

I'm a fan of the Pac10 and the reason the exposure isn't that great has a lot to do with the time difference as well....I finally got to see Arizona State on TV last weekend and was up till 2 am for the OT win against Mizzou

Yeah, I'm a Pac-10/12 fan too. Really, the only exposure kids are looking for are the scouts, and they're gonna be watching your tapes, no matter what. Time & location are irrelevant these days, IMHO.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 22:29 »

....Love for them to give Boston College back to Big East.

BC is the designated double-date in my "Trash the Big East & force Notre Dame into the Big Ten" scenario.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 08:33 »

Please use your power to advocate for WVU to the SEC.

I will be shocked if this does not happen.  Point was made that WV is not fertile recruiting ground.  But, Western PA and Eastern OH are--and WVU gives the SEC a corridor to those territories.

I think there is a chance that SEC goes for A&M, WVU, VaTech.  They would love to add Oklahoma, but that's questionable.

I went to Tech and I think it would be crazy for them to leave for the SEC (are you listening WVU). Tech has won the ACC 3 out of 6 years and gone to the championship game and lost in one other one (the other 2 years they just missed the championship game in 3rd). Why leave when you are a legitimate threat to win the conference and play in a BCS bowl game every year (even in down years) so that you can go to the SEC where you will finish 4th or 5th every year? It would be even worse for WVU who has gone to a BCS game twice in that same time period, but before Miami and VT left for the ACC hadn't won the conference since 1993 (the first year of full conference play).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 09:54 »

Please use your power to advocate for WVU to the SEC.

I will be shocked if this does not happen.  Point was made that WV is not fertile recruiting ground.  But, Western PA and Eastern OH are--and WVU gives the SEC a corridor to those territories.

I think there is a chance that SEC goes for A&M, WVU, VaTech.  They would love to add Oklahoma, but that's questionable.

I went to Tech and I think it would be crazy for them to leave for the SEC (are you listening WVU). Tech has won the ACC 3 out of 6 years and gone to the championship game and lost in one other one (the other 2 years they just missed the championship game in 3rd). Why leave when you are a legitimate threat to win the conference and play in a BCS bowl game every year (even in down years) so that you can go to the SEC where you will finish 4th or 5th every year? It would be even worse for WVU who has gone to a BCS game twice in that same time period, but before Miami and VT left for the ACC hadn't won the conference since 1993 (the first year of full conference play).

The difference between WVU and VT in regard to their respective conferences is that A) the ACC has a tie-in with the Orange Bowl; the BE has no tie-ins with a BCS bowl. The BE winner is always the last one to be selected by the BCS bowl with the last pick, and if the BE continues to suck, it may not even retain its auto bid. B ) The BE sucks - from a quality standpoint, I'd say it's on par with the ACC. However, perception is reality, and the networks, voters and fans in general seem to perceive the ACC to be significantly better. There's no chance the ACC would ever lose its auto-bid.

Right now, WVU would be better than at least 3/4 of the teams in the SEC (LSU, Bama are the only two I'd say are definitely better at this point, and we'll see how WVU compares head-to-head with LSU in a couple of weeks). In some years, WVU could easily be at the top of the SEC, but could also be middle of the pack or worse (in other words, I don't think it should be assumed that seven to nine wins is the pinnacle for WVU). That said, I haven't looked at it recently, but I'd say a lower-ranked SEC team (say, finishing fifth or so) would receive an infinitely better bowl than the second or third place BE team.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 21:42 »

Funny thing:  We had a Steeler fan call today to weigh in on His Holiness Ted the Bruschi I.  It made me sick to my stomach to actually come to the defense of Chad Johnson, but at least it came at the Pastries expense.

While we're on my favorite subject, which is me (of course), we also have a blog at homefieldupstate.blog spot.com.  I'll be posting an article about early NFL overreactions--a la Fat Sapp saying the Steelers are washed up after one game.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: