Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 21:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions after 5 games  (Read 298 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 12, 2011 at 15:00 »

Just some brain spewage.

1. How much do we credit new DBs coach Carnell Lake for seemingly improved play and how much of it is due to poor LOC thus far?  One possible point for Lake: the improved play of third-year CB Keenan Lewis, who, for the past two years, looked like JAG.  And in fact was considered a borderline keeper to even make the roster this year, but now looks like a future starter. 
2. How pissed is Bryant McFadden to be CB4?  And, apparently, DB7 behind Ike, Gay, Lewis, Pola, Clark... and Mundy?
3. Aaron Smith may suit up this week.  Should he start over Hood?
4. Kemo is getting close to being healthy.  Should he start over Legursky?
5. Why hasn't Arians used Cotchery at all so far?
6. With Redman able to get positive yardage and Dwyer showing some home run ability, what is the optimal RB rotation going forward?
7. Will LeBeau continue to utilize the dime with DBs Clark, Mundy, Ike, Lewis and Gay, LBs Woodley, Troy, and Timmons, and some combination of 3 DL?  Or will he go back to putting Harrison at OLB, taking Mundy out and switching Pola back to SS?  I really liked the new dime configuration.
8. Will we see any more play action, or will that shit go back into hiding?
9. Does it seem that BA keeps trying out TE Saunders in a couple of plays a game?  So far, nothing much.  But if the light goes on, what then?  BA can ignore him like he ignores Miller?  Or will having two pass-catching threats allow him to actually use the TE in the passing game?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2011 at 15:39 »

1. Somewhat.
2. He's probably pig-bitin' mad.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. Because he has shit for brains.
6. W/o Mendy-- 70/30 Redman/ Dwyer and Moore; w/Mendy, 40/40/20.
7. I don't know.
8. See #5.
9. See #8.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2011 at 18:16 »

oluie repons

1. col lake
2. spiss
3. underhood
4. steles supper blow 84-331 dulles
6. crotchery
7.. bud dywer
8. see peso post #55
9 see peso post #
10. sanders ororoy

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 11:51 »

1.  I think it's too early to tell and the sample size is too small.
2.  Pissed, but happy to have a job.
3.  Hood should start.
4.  Not sure.  They seemed to click against Tennessee with Legs, but at the same time, you'd like to think you won't lose your job due to injury.
5.  See Penso's #5.  Actually, that answer is a constant for any question involving Arians.  Seriously though, have they run any 5 wide sets yet this year?  Haven't most, if not all, of their 5 sets been 4 WRs and Miller?
6.  Ideally, 60/40, Redman/Mendenhall.  But, that won't happen.  I've said it for awhile that Mendenhall is fortunate to be such a high draft pick.  Pittsburgh seems to stick with underperforming R1s and R2s longer than most teams.  If he was a R4 or R5, he'd be a backup.
7.  I'll defer since I wasn't even aware of it.  I'm guessing whichever combo that gives them the most speed.
8.  We'll only see it if the running game continues to be effective.  PA doesn't work when your running game averages 2.3 per.
9.  Seems like they're trying to find a replacement for Johnson who has been mediocre, at best.  Either way, who knows if they'll actually become an offensive weapon.  A big part of that is on Arians, but Ben has to look to the TE too.  He seems to fall in love with wanting to make the big play downfield.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: