Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 08:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison Out  (Read 559 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 18:55 »

So who can we get in the top 10 of the draft next year?  Seems like we go to the SB and the next year lay a big turd.  Stinky

True.  But I think a lot of other factors have contributed to this, outside of the Steelers' own self-inflicted wounds (neglecting the oline, dline, etc.).  The lockout might have damaged the healing/conditioning for older players who needed extra treatment and a better "tuneup" for the season.  Perhaps the coaching staff did not have a chance to evaluate and recognize just how old the defense is.  Maybe Starks is in reasonable condition if there are OTAs--and he ain't good, but he's better than just about anything else we have.

Still, and I hate admitting this, but we might need a cycle or two of high draft picks.  If you look at the Steelers, Patriots, and Ravens, they have also followed every down year with significant improvement.  I believe that the offensive line will continue to flounder unless we can pick high enough to get some decent oline help.  We're never going to sign FAs, so the draft is our only hope.

This is my only reason for being relatively calm about this season's first quarter fiasco.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:29 »

In an attempt to accelerate the recovery process, James elected to perform the surgery himself this morning using some PL200 construction adhesive and a heavy duty staple gun.  By all accounts, it was a complete success.

As he was walking from his home to his car, a reporter asked Harrison how long it might be before we would see him on the field again.  James stared at the man, then reached down, scooped up a handful of earth, rubbed it on the right side of his face and muttered under his breath, "See you on the field."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: