Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 22:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers' 2011 MVP  (Read 1281 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Oct 09, 2011 at 16:08 »

Could end up being Max Starks.

Brilliantly, and shockingly, Ben and Arians seemed more intent to actually get rid of the ball.

Finally:
Farewell, Sir Mendenhall, we hardly knew ye.  Methinks it is time to gather thy tweets and depart.

Honestly, Dwyer and Red look like the real deal in the running game.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 17:11 »

Right.  Because Tennessee spent so much time game planning for Dwyer.  And the fake punt.  Should Sepulveda be our new quarterback?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 20:18 »

There's no way Mendenhall gets anywhere near 49 yds. if he gets Redman's 15 carries. Maybe half that. And no fumbles from #33 who was getting quite a bit of contact.

Dwyer didn't look like anything special, except for that one run, with a hole so big I think Walter Hudson could have picked up 30 yds.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 05:19 »

Right.  Because Tennessee spent so much time game planning for Dwyer.  And the fake punt.  Should Sepulveda be our new quarterback?

I don't think we'll be getting rid of Mendenhall because he is our best back when the holes are there, but I do think that Redman is our best option behind this O-Line. How much game planning do you really have to do for a RB really. They get the hand off and run to the hole. Follow your keys (usually the O-linemen) as a linebacker and you either make the tackle or you don't. Most of the time yesterday they couldn't tackle Redman even when they were in position to do so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 09:19 »

Brilliantly, and shockingly, Ben and Arians seemed more intent to actually get rid of the ball.

I LOVE how Arians hasn't calleda roll-out play for Roethlisberger until he has a really bad foot injury.  Play worked for a TD, but he is the dumbest fucking idiot in the NFL.  Besides Martz, I guess.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 14:57 »

My vote goes to the three-step drop. And Redman.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 15:07 »

I LOVE how Arians hasn't calleda roll-out play for Roethlisberger until he has a really bad foot injury.  Play worked for a TD, but he is the dumbest fucking idiot in the NFL.  Besides Martz, I guess.

It's Arians' "Play to your weaknesses" school of coaching.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 20:42 »

Yeah, we have a decent rushing performance, let's just blow it off as dumb luck.

I've said for a while that Redman needs the ball more, and Dwyer's performance is still a positive.  At least neither one of them turned tail and ran instead of going forward.

I doubt we'll just cut Mendenhall, at least this season.  But there is no denying that the Steelers ran the ball significantly better last week and this week while he was on the bench.

Arians is still a douche.  But at least they were using more quick release passes than they've used all season.  Just sayin.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 22:30 »

Right.  Because Tennessee spent so much time game planning for Dwyer.  And the fake punt.  Should Sepulveda be our new quarterback?

Yeah, we have a decent rushing performance, let's just blow it off as dumb luck.

We didn't have a decent rushing performance, we had one great run.  Take away the 76 yarder, and Dwyer's carries were about 4 per, and the team's about 3.5.  What we had was a great passing performance.

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011 at 22:32 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2011 at 06:24 »

Penso is clearly a Twitter follower of #34.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: