Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 05:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #7 Picks  (Read 343 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 21, 2011 at 09:52 »

Overall = 16-24-2
Last Week = 3-3

Funny.  Last week was my best week ATS (9-4) so far this season in our Pick 'Em league and somehow I managed to pick 3 of my 4 losers for my handicap league...*sigh*...*facepalm*  That's how this year has gone for me.  Sooner or later, things are going to turn around though and I'm lookin' for it to start this week.  Don't have time to jot down my thoughts ATM, maybe some time later today or tomorrow.

(*Wembley Stadium*) Bears @ Buccaneers (+1.5)
Redskins @ Panthers (-2.5)
Chargers (-2.0) @ Jets
Steelers (-3.5) @ Cardinals
Packers (-8) @ Vikings
Colts (+14) @ Saints

Now, here's the issue.  These are the picks that I made as of yesterday afternoon.  I was on the fence between Steelers (-3.5) @ Cardinals or Chiefs @ Raiders (-4).  At the time, I thought Pittsburgh was the safer bet, but now, I'm not so sure.  

Intradivisional games tend to be closer and hard fought, but KC has been shitty this year beating only a hapless Vikings team at home and stealing one from Indy on the road.  They're also coming off a bye so that's a feather in their cap, but I'm not so sure that Haley knows what to do with the extra week anyway (BTW, speaking of Haley, there's yet another apple from the Belichick coaching tree that's become a head coach failure.  That list is getting longer and longer.)

Anyway, for those that read these posts, let me hear your thoughts on those two games.  I have a pretty good idea of where most will fall as it pertains to the Steelers game, but if you were ranking the games, with which would you feel most confident?  Raiders by 4 or more over the Chefs at home or the Steelers by 4 or more at Steelers West?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 10:34 »

I like all those but the Chargers giving points on the road.  I think the Jets CBs git 'er done against Livers and Co.  And there's that whole traveling east thing.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 11:21 »

I like all those but the Chargers giving points on the road.  I think the Jets CBs git 'er done against Livers and Co.  And there's that whole traveling east thing.

Remember though, San Diego is coming off a bye so I don't think the travel should be as big of a deal.

Which would you rank higher?  KC/Oakland or Steelers/Cards?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 11:30 »

If you mean most likely?  I think Steelers over Cards.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: