Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 05:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Told you Al wasn't dead  (Read 473 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Oct 18, 2011 at 10:33 »

Or he's making deals from the grave:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say

Cincy caves in to Palmer, but for what Oakland's offering, I don't blame them one bit.  A first rounder, potentially two?  No brainer.

Question is if this helps Raiders.  Maybe Palmer can help them sneak into the playoffs, but I don't know about that.  Obviously their QB sitch is desparate if they're about to put Kyle Boller behind the helmet, but even one first rounder for a QB with more years behind him than ahead is steep; plus one who I'm not sure would be motivated.

I think it's a win for Cincy, loss for Oakland.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 11:01 »

He should be crazy motivated to show up the Cincy ownership.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 11:02 »

STOOLEYES ARE IDOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IF WE HAD ONLY HAVE THE SENSE ALL DAFFIS (EVEN THOUGHT HE IS DEAD, LOLF!!!!!!!!0 WE WOOD HALF SENT THE BEGANALS OUR DARFT PICKS FIRST ROND SECOND ROND I DONT GIVE S HSIT, COME ON PEPPLE, YOU THINK BEN ROFFLESBURGER WILL LAST THE ENTIRE SASSION?!?!?!?!?!  THE RADDERS WERE >>>>>SMART<<<<<<<<<<< FOR GETTIN pLAMER WHEN THE GETTIN WAS GOODE, INSTEAD WHEEL HALVE HALF A SEASON WITH CHARLIE BADGE >>>>>>>>>>OOPS<<<<<<<FORGET THAT, HELL ONLY LAST, ONE GAME, >>>>>>>>>>>>>ERRRRRRRRRRRM<<<<<<<<<<<<ONE QUARTER, THEN IT'LL BE DENTIST DIXON AND >>>>>>>>>>>>NO<<<<<<<<<<<BACKUPS, WHAT THEN?  I SPOSE WE CAN SINGE ANTARNWARN RAMBLE L, LOFL....

GENUIUOIS@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 11:32 »

Wow - I did not think the Bengals could get more than a 2nd-rounder for Palmer, whose disinterest in football seems to come from something beyond just playing in Cincinnati.

This also confirms for me that there's not way the Steelers were seriously considering trading Ben, since in my mind, if Palmer is worth two 1st-round picks, Ben is worth 3 and a couple of players -- a deal the team might not have turned down at the time (esp. given they gave Holmes away for nothing).
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 14:24 »

David Garrard>Carson Palmer

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 14:56 »

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 17:00 »

Seems to me that ever since Kemo KO'd Palmer, his problem has been between his ears.  Granted, Cincy's offensive talent (particularly, their O-line) veered off in a big way since that playoff appearance, but he won't have that excuse in Oakland; great running game; better than average O-line; and OK receivers.

I'm interested to see if he's able to make any sort of a comeback with that squad.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 11:36 »

I forgot to mention yesterday that I agree with msdmnr that this move is a big win for Cincy...if, if, if Dalton ends up being a decent QB.

Carson Daly refusing to play just might've saved Lewis' career there.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 09:14 »

IT'LL BE DENTIST DIXON

LMAO - I just about spit out my coffee.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 12:33 »

STOOLEYES ARE IDOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IF WE HAD ONLY HAVE THE SENSE ALL DAFFIS (EVEN THOUGHT HE IS DEAD, LOLF!!!!!!!!0 WE WOOD HALF SENT THE BEGANALS OUR DARFT PICKS FIRST ROND SECOND ROND I DONT GIVE S HSIT, COME ON PEPPLE, YOU THINK BEN ROFFLESBURGER WILL LAST THE ENTIRE SASSION?!?!?!?!?!  THE RADDERS WERE >>>>>SMART<<<<<<<<<<< FOR GETTIN pLAMER WHEN THE GETTIN WAS GOODE, INSTEAD WHEEL HALVE HALF A SEASON WITH CHARLIE BADGE >>>>>>>>>>OOPS<<<<<<<FORGET THAT, HELL ONLY LAST, ONE GAME, >>>>>>>>>>>>>ERRRRRRRRRRRM<<<<<<<<<<<<ONE QUARTER, THEN IT'LL BE DENTIST DIXON AND >>>>>>>>>>>>NO<<<<<<<<<<<BACKUPS, WHAT THEN?  I SPOSE WE CAN SINGE ANTARNWARN RAMBLE L, LOFL....

GENUIUOIS@!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha..... I love it. This makes me miss the ESPN boards. Almost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: