Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 19:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations, Bruce  (Read 1004 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 15:07 »

He doesn't get a pass for the atrocious clock management at the end of the game.  Run the ball, we're getting like 7 yds a clip, run the clock down and don't give Brady the ball with 18 secs left on the clock.  Also, if they didn't kick the most ridiculously bad onside kick I've ever seen, they would've had the ball again with over 2 mins left.  That's a little too much to sweat over when we were dominating them the whole game.  The red zone offense was weak, we never should've been close to that final score.  That's on BA for at least 75% of that.

I think the unsung hero is Carnell Lake.  Our DBs improvement is astounding.  i actually said more than once yesterday, "wow, good play by Gay there."  I think it was the first time ever.

Yes and yes.  BA called good stuff 95% of the time, but if the endgame playcalling wound up killing us, it would have been a nightmare.  He does need to have a better plan in hand for situational stuff but it seems like he gets greedy.  (I know... they won't expect pass!  We'll pass here and get 7 and kill those bastards!)  And yeah, between the 20s, brilliant, RZ, shitty, for the most part.  Need to convert more 7s.

And I also noted that Lake seems to have really gotten this squad turned around.  I wonder if DL will call more man cover now?  Especially against the passing teams...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 22:50 »

He doesn't get a pass for the atrocious clock management at the end of the game.  Run the ball, we're getting like 7 yds a clip, run the clock down and don't give Brady the ball with 18 secs left on the clock.  Also, if they didn't kick the most ridiculously bad onside kick I've ever seen, they would've had the ball again with over 2 mins left.  That's a little too much to sweat over when we were dominating them the whole game.  The red zone offense was weak, we never should've been close to that final score.  That's on BA for at least 75% of that.

The pass plays on the last sequence fall on Tomlin anyway.  No doubt about it.  If BA was calling those pass plays, it was up to Tomlin to check him.  Tomlin got all the credit for that "gutsy" (pass) play call to clinch last years AFCC; he has to take the blame here.  Long story short, Tomlin's clock management is "fair" at best.

The redzone offense is a different story.  It seemed too methodical (of the 3-5 yard check down and dump sort), often setting up 3rd down and short but closer to the goaline with not much field to work with.  And I understand that our receivers are relatively short, but I feel like I haven't seen a fade to the corner since 2003.   

Carnell Lake is the man though.  One of my all-time favorites.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 10:16 »

Welp.  That was short lived.

Truth be told, I think most figured it was temporary, anyway.  You were out, but they still had to use the invisible fence on you to keep you from shitting in the neighbors yard.  Yeah, you'd do OK some days, but on others, you'd blow through the fence and be a complete pain in the ass.

So, back in you go...to in all likelihood, live out your days until you're eventually taken out behind the shed and put out of your misery.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 20:57 »

I wear my sunglasses at night...

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: