Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 19:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn St.  (Read 6000 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 12:43 »

Of course, I haven't read all 23 pages of the indictment or all of the media articles.

Dude, I just finished reading it.  Grossly disturbing is a fucking understatement.

I consider myself a pretty objective and level headed person, but based on what I read, there is zero doubt in my mind that the powers that be at Penn St. (JoePa included) knew about Sandusky's behavior on some level.  There are too many victims; too many instances of him being caught in the act, not just by the graduate assistant, but by others as well.

He was using that university as his own little playground for his demented fantasies and they just looked the other way.  Second Mile was just a goddamned golden goose pipeline of prospective candidates for him.  There are a LOT of high powered, extremely well known athletes and celebrities that sit as honorary members on that charity's board -- Jack Ham, Franco Harris, Arnold Palmer, Andy Reid, Dick Vermeil, Matt Millen.  Can't imagine that they're going to be too happy knowing that they've put their name to an organization that was founded by a fucking piece of shit child predator that got his rocks off showering with every kid he could get his hands on.  It's fucking mind bottling how he was able to just do whatever the fuck he wanted on school grounds, have multiple people catch him in the act and just go on like he was helping these kids with their jump shots or how to throw a football.

I mean, I don't fucking get it.  

What did he have on everybody that allowed him this perceived freedom?  Maybe more importantly, how fucking prevalent was this kind of behavior?  This is military level type secrecy here.

For those that are interested, you can read it here.

Don't make the same mistake I did and read it during lunch.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2011 at 12:45 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 13:05 »

You know what, I think I'll just take your word on that, aj.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #32 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 13:58 »

I consider myself a pretty objective and level headed person, but based on what I read, there is zero doubt in my mind that the powers that be at Penn St. (JoePa included) knew about Sandusky's behavior on some level.  There are too many victims; too many instances of him being caught in the act, not just by the graduate assistant, but by others as well.

Ok, read it.  You are correct, there is little doubt that it was a cover up.  About the best thing you can say about Paterno is that he passed the buck.  I have no problem with what McCreary did.  Sure, people can argue that he should have confronted Sandusky, etc.  But he was basically an intern and reported it to his boss, the icon, Paterno.

Paterno passed it along to Curley (the AD) and Schultz (Sr. VP of Finance and Business) and apparently lost no sleep over the matter.  The Grand Jury found the testimony of both Curley and Schultz to be unreliable as they hem-hawed about what they were told.  None of them ever reported Sandusky to any authority.

What about the timing of the '98 investigation and the '99 decision that Sandusky would not be the next HC?  C'mon!

Sandusky is a serial rapist and child molester and many people helped cover it up for years.  It is sickening.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 14:28 »

Like I said, gonna take your word for it, guys.

What the fuck kind of world is this, anyway?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 14:49 »

How'd this guy make it through life w/o getting taken out with a pipe to the head?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 15:00 »

About the best thing you can say about Paterno is that he passed the buck.

Here's the thing though.  You read about how much power and authority these coaches have at big D1 schools across the country all the time.  Forget the godfathers like the Paternos and Bowdens for a second...even at places like say, Virginia, Maryland, Iowa, California, etc., the football coaches are like celebrities on campus.  And, with that status comes the luxury that these guys know soup to nuts about their people.  Whenever.  Wherever.  Somebody pisses sideways and they know about it before the urine hits the floor.  

Now, you mean to tell me that a guy like Paterno, a legend that would easily make the short list for the Mount Rushmore of college coaches, doesn't have a pretty good idea of what Sandusky is doing?  In the shower?  In the sauna?  In the weight room?  In his home?  He doesn't have to know about all of it.  Just one incident would've tipped his hand.  I don't think it matters how deep you put your head in the sand, you're going to have some knowledge.

I have no problem with what McCreary did.  Sure, people can argue that he should have confronted Sandusky, etc.  But he was basically an intern and reported it to his boss, the icon, Paterno.

I dunno, man.  Yeah, he was a graduate assistant, but he isn't a wide eyed college kid.  He was a 28 year old man.  His first thought is to call daddy to ask him what to do?  Dude, how 'bout 9 fucking 11?  And, his old man's advice wasn't much better.  Let's tell coach.  Wait, what?  You "think" (lol @ that) you saw a little boy getting sodomized and you're gonna just tell coach?  No campus police investigation.  No investigation by local authorities.  How does a light not go off in your head that, "hey, these fucks aren't gonna do anything so I gotta tell somebody."  From 2002 to the grand jury investigation in 2010, nobody approached him about what he saw.  Seriously, bro?  8 years?  Not a word?  And, it's not like McCreary never saw Sandusky around campus.  The guy had carte blanc access.  You know he had to run into him plenty after the fact.  Um, awkward??!!

How they can allow McCreary to be on the sideline this weekend is a complete joke.  Everyone associated with this needs gone.  Yesterday.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 15:11 »

How'd this guy make it through life w/o getting taken out with a pipe to the head?

You setup a charitable organization for disadvantaged youths where most of the time, the fathers aren't present and you assume the "fatherly role."

No male figure.  No threat.

FWIW, the organization was created...in 1977.  Anybody think this has only been going on for the last 15 years or so?

Don't know how it's possible, but I expect this to get even worse before it gets better.

This cocksucker can't die a slow enough death.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #37 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 15:39 »

That's what I mean about Paterno - the absolute best thing you can say is he passed the buck and it only gets worse after that.  Not cool.

Yeah you're right, I'm being too soft on McCreary.  He certainly could have and should have done more.  Why not go straight to the police?  There's no point in assigning degrees of fucked-upness here.

I think the earliest date mentioned in the report was '94.  There is no doubt it went on well before that and even before '77, one must assume for all of Sandusky's adult life.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 13:15 »

Disturbing rumor heard on a New York radio station this morning that there will be an announcement/breaking story sometime this weekend that the Second Mile charitable organization was being used as a front for child prostitution.  Supposedly, they were just pimping these kids out to rich contributors.

Please let that just be a really, really, really sick rumor.

Please.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #39 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 13:25 »

That has to be a rumor.  Just old fashioned AM talk radio rumor mongering.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: