Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 14, 2014 at 21:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn St.  (Read 5228 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 13:59 »

That has to be a rumor.  Just old fashioned AM talk radio rumor mongering.

Only problem is it wasn't talk radio.  It was CBS news radio.  1010 WINS, for those in the area.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 21:07 »

This IS a rumor, since it comes from SportsByBrooks, but supposedly the judge who set Sandusky's "bail" was on the board of his foundation.  If there is any truth to it, that's a pretty massive conflict of interest.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 09:50 »

"Happy Valley," indeed.

As M&M alluded to this morning, the more that comes out about this scandal, the more it sounds like a cult than a university.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 10:05 »

That has to be a rumor.  Just old fashioned AM talk radio rumor mongering.

Only problem is it wasn't talk radio.  It was CBS news radio.  1010 WINS, for those in the area.

I'd read that the rumor was from one Mark Madden, which would make it less than credible.

Until I read something in the local paper that broke the story.  I've avoided reading a lot of this stuff, but one article was on Gov. Corbett, who, as Gov., is automatically on PSU's board.  He also was the AG who started the Commonwealth's investigation.  For legal reasons, he wasn't allowed to go into the full detail of what he knew as AG in his board role, but he pushed hard for Spanier and Paterno to get the boot.  And now he's saying there will be a bunch more charges coming out.  Not sure if it's related to the Sandusky thing, but reading between the lines, sure sounded that way.

So fucking gross.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 12:39 »

Interesting read.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #45 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 13:10 »

Indeed.  The more I read and think about it, the more I believe that top to bottom, everyone must go.  Gut the program and the institution staff, anyone connected must go.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 13:17 »

anyone connected must go.

But not before they're publicly caned by Lee Corso (wearing huge mascot head).
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #47 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 18:25 »

Anyone see/hear the Sandusky interview with Bob Costas?  The dude is delusional - I cannot believe his lawyer allowed him to do that.  It had to be against the advice of his counsel.

We need an over/under on # days till he offs himself.  Because that's what'll happen in my opinion - when he realizes that yes, it's real.  Nobody believes his line of bullshit.  What he calls "horsing around" everyone else calls rape.

Just do it.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #48 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 18:26 »

14 days

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 23:03 »

Man!  I leave you guys alone for 10 days, to sit on a Montana mountaintop, and what do you do?  You release hell, fire Paterno, and burn State College.  You don't fool around, that's for damn sure.

I work a couple days a week in & around State College.  That whole town is still dazed & confused.  I get to call on the University folks tomorrow,... that should be interesting.  It's gonna take some serious shit for the university to get through this:

1. A complete & thorough investigation of all facets: the football program, athletic department, university admin, 2nd Mile, and every law enforcement agency that could/should have been involved in the prior investigations.

2.  Sexual assault against a kid is one of the unforgivable sins.  Anyone found to be "legally" culpable should be publicly hanged.  Anyone found to be "morally" culpable should be shown the door.

3.  I dunno what kind of outreach programs are needed, but there could be dozens to hundreds of Jerry's kids & former kids out there.  I'd think that this sort of thing could really mess a tyke up.  They're going to have to find 'em, and take care of 'em.

8.  Then come the civil suits.  If PSU administration was aware of this guys tendencies, and it really looks like they were, this is going to cost them a great big bucket of money.

Y.  Way down the list is rebuilding the athletic department.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: