Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 19:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needed: One Kicker.  (Read 944 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 19:24 »

I think worst case scenario we finish 11-5. Just get to the playoffs and let our experience take over.

I'd usually be right there with ya Brinker but I'm not feeling the optimism this year.  Steelers are a solid contender for the Wild Card at best.  They've allowed a pedestrian 162 points and scored an unimpressive 196.  They're in 3rd place in their own division in both categories and in the standings!

Who knows man?  I'm trying to talk myself into drinking the Kool-Aid but I ain't quite there yet  helmet ninja

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 20:08 »

Week 4: Mendenhall should be cut.

If I said he should be cut, then I apologize.  That was knee-jerk to be sure.  But I still think that Redman should be getting equal carries if not starting.

Let me add:  Thought the Oline and RM played well in the run game last night.  They just needed to run it one more time.

I really disagree with the way LeBeau handled things at the end of the game, but I don't think he should be fired. I'd say the same for Tomlin.  This team really overachieved last year IMO; and they have pulled it together after some tough losses.  Hoping they can bounce back for the rest of the 2nd half of the season.

Back to the topic:  We pulled a guy off the scrap heap last year and it worked out.  Perhaps we should try to do it again.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 21:42 »

Week 4: Mendenhall should be cut.

If I said he should be cut, then I apologize.  That was knee-jerk to be sure.  But I still think that Redman should be getting equal carries if not starting.

You're not alone in that boat.  I've said it several times and I'll say it again.  Mendenhall is fortunate he was a R1 pick.  If he was a late rounder, he'd be backing Redman up.

One more year left on his deal after 2011.  I'd be very surprised if they bring him back.  He is not worth a big second contract.  TBH, I don't think any RB is worth it anymore.  With the way the game has shifted, RBs have really become dispensable.  How many Super Bowl teams have had a high priced, marquee RB lately?  If anything, I think they might be more of an albatross, cap~wise.  Give a RB a huge deal and you can't afford to get yourself a franchise QB.

Along with S and OL (amazingly, maybe even LB too), a RB should be a target in the first three rounds of next years draft.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 07:34 »

Along with S and OL (amazingly, maybe even LB too), a RB should be a target in the first three rounds of next years draft.

Yeah, I'd concur, even on LB. Thought to myself that we actually need to get stronger up the middle of the D. We'll soon (if not in 2012) need a NT, already need another MLB, and need a ball-hawking, able-to-cover-deep S.

We should be able to find a decent RB AFTER the first rounds. I'd like us to go DB/OL 1st then DB/OL/LB/NT 2nd and 3RD.

I also think they need a kicker, but if they take a punter or kicker prior to the fifth, I will go ballistic.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 10:57 »

The main reason (besides not stopping Slacco on 3rd down all night) was horrible end of game clock management.  In no way would I want to get rid of Tomlin, this has to be addressed as it's 2 weeks in a row when we could've put the game out of reach with a few runs and a field goal.  Luckily the Pats were actually inept and we won but the Ravens took full advantage and beat us hands down.  How can Tomlin be at this level and not know how to handle the clock?  It's pee wee football shit we're talking about here.....

I know it's just how it goes with injuries and the best teams win with them but if Woodley's on that field along with the way Harrison was playing, they wouldn't have converted that many 3rd/longs and we take them down.  So frustrating

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 10:19 »

Who knows what the Bengals do the rest of the season, but we could see both wild card teams from the AFCN.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: