Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 15:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS FFL 2011 Playoff Preview SPECTACULAR  (Read 4221 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:12 »

Championship weekend is at last upon us.  After the circus that was MGS FFL media week, the jousting poles are finally greased and both combatants are %110 and looking to grab bragging rights at the virtual Orange Julius.  Scac leads his hungry Hungry Whoremongers looking for his first title since 2004, while Joyce's seasoned Experienced Livers are also looking for there first title since... since... .  We'll just note that Joyce has been to the final before. 

The Homongers are led by Brady, who gets a maybe great matchup against Miami.  The Livers are lead by redneck tub o'lard Matt Stafford who looks to fatten up on the SD secondary.  The marquee backs-- MJD and Ray Rutgers Rice respectively-- draw tough matchups in @TEN and CLE, so that should be a push, too.  This one's coming down to secondary scoring.  The Homonger's Michael Bush is @KC, who surely shot their bolt last week, while the Livers expect big things out of Brandon Marshall versus a shitty, shitty NE pass defense.  Both teams might be following the same game on defense, scac has Houston while the Livers seem intent on starting the IND def. 

Should be a close one, good luck to both worthy contestants.  Let's keep it between the whistles and between the sidelines.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2011 at 21:37 »

Fantastic shit going down in the championship game.  Scac is down 32 with Gonzalez, Bryant (atl k) and the GB D to play; joyce has nothing left.  If the GB D tcb's tomorrow, we'll see what ATL can do vs. NO monday.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 08:34 »

This is truly a tale of two teams getting hot at the right time, penso.  The Livers haven't lost a game since the last time they were beaten and you could say the same thing of the Whoremongers.  There's no quit in these teams, they've taken on the persona of their coaches. While the Whoremongers have a few more bitches in the chase, it appears the drunken Livers stumbled into the endzone enough times to pull this one out, if you know what I mean :nudgenudgewinkwink:  Yes, we may have a new Queen of Fantasy Fooseball tomorrow evening!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 20:19 »

Sooo... I need Mcnown to get nutty tonight in Lambeau? And Atl vs NO in a dome not being a shootout? F me. Let's go Livers, take yer vitamins, say yer prayers and support all NFL charities related to black kids riding a bus over commercially-negotiated indie band gibberish.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 21:02 »

As it stands you just need Martz to channel his inner not-a-total-fucking-tool.  Odds are against you.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2011 at 06:14 »

It ain't over til it's over but I likely lose

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2011 at 23:20 »

Crank that Public Enemy.....Whatta brother know....we got a new queen of fantasy football. Queen signs we are the champions last time I checked my itoons

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 18:12 »

Cornflatulations to Joyce.  Ever the bridesmaid, he finally pops his cherry, most noteworthy in that he did not have Brady, Brees or Rodgers.

I'm sure the victory is not at all tainted in the public eye because he did not defeat the chickens en route.

:monkey:

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 21:58 »

Gratz joyce.  Talk about peaking at the playoffs.  Nice work.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 10:11 »

Congrats, Joyce.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: