Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 09:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #14 Picks  (Read 290 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 08, 2011 at 15:29 »

Overall = 35-46-3
Last Week = 3-3

Man, absolutely cannot catch a break.  Yet another .500 week and to make matters worse, I felt so gunshy that I didn't roll with all of my picks.  I tried to hedge my bets by going with those I felt most confident about.  Yeah, great approach.  I picked only 4 games and of course, I picked every loser and only 1 winner.  MFer.  I blame Obama.

At this point, I'm the Miami Dolphins of my Handicapping League.  No fuckin' way am I going to win anything, but I'm going to keep fighting and do my damnedest to get back to .500 overall.  Honestly, I feel pretty good...actually, very good about my picks this week.  Haven't had a 5-1 or 6-0 week yet this year, but I also haven't had a 0-6 week either.  I'm hoping for one of the formers to make up for last week.

Browns/Steelers (Under 38.5) - I think this one will go one of two ways; Steelers run away with it and it's a laugher (i.e. 27-9) or it's an ugly, low scoring mess (i.e. 17-13).  Either way, I like the under here.
Texans (+3) @ Bengals - I know Houston is banged up and the Bengals are still in the playoff hunt, but I think Cincy shot their load last week in a humiliating loss to Pittsburgh.  Young teams have a hard time bouncing back from that.  Not to mention that Houston has quietly equipped a pretty darn good defense down there and they're still playing for a chance at a bye in the postseason.  As long as Benson doesn't have a monster day, I think this one's gonna be close with the Texans holding on for the upset win in the end.  Getting the points is gravy.
Chiefs/Jets (Under 36.5) - C'mon.  It's Tyler Palko and the Chiefs against Sanchez and the Jets.  I don't think the Chiefs have scored a TD since October and the Jets are no offensive juggernaut.  Smells like a 17-6 shitfest.
Buccaneers/Jaguars (Under 37.5) - *yawn*  See Chiefs/Jets above.
Bears @ Broncos (-3.5) - Riding this thing until Raptor Jesus rides in and spites me down.  Plus, Caleb Hanie makes Tim Tebow look like a Pro Bowler.
Rams/Seahawks (Under 39.5) - Rams are very, very, very bad.  Plus, St. Louie is reeling with the loss of Pujols and now they gotta travel way the fuck up to Canada and play in a stadium that's just death on visiting opponents.  No way do they hit double digits.  This 'oughta be the Marshawn Lynch show.  Spagnuolo is kicked off the plane on the flight back at 30,000 feet.

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I also like the Niners (-3.5) @ Cardinals as a supplemental pick.  Wanted to get that one in, but couldn't decide which to drop.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2011 at 15:33 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2011 at 21:30 »

All of those unders look pretty good to me.  Don't know about the Texans pick  though.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: