Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 14:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Steelers make Pro Bowl  (Read 1094 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Dec 27, 2011 at 22:02 »

Starters:  Pouncey, Troy, Wallace
Reserve - Ben (Brady starting)

Brown - Kick returner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/51016/2012-pro-bowl-roster

Pats with 8, Ravens with 7 in AFC.

Reasonable number.  LBs may be snubbed, but injuries hurt their numbers.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 22:13 »

Initially thought MJD and Foster were snubbed with Rice starting over them, but with receiving yards it's pretty even, and tie goes to guy on best team.  But Foster did it in what, 13 games?  Guess that doesn't matter.

Drew - 1437 yards, 8 TDs - 95 YPG ...  370 recieving yds, 3 TDs
Foster - 1224 yards, 10 TDs - 94 YPG ... 617 receiving yds, 2 TD
Rice - 1173 yards, 10 TDs - 78 YPG ... 696 receiving yds, 3 TD
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 23:00 »

No Kiesel=bs

The fact that there is a single starter from the pasties' d makes the whole thing a joke.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 09:41 »

Honestly, the only no brainers I thought of from Pittsburgh were Roethlisberger and Pouncey. 

IMO, Polamalu has had a very average year by his standards, but after thinking about it, there really isn't much competition at his spot so he's an easy choice. 

Admittedly, forgot about Brown for kick returner.  That's definitely deserving. 

Wallace came out the gate on fire, but fizzled a bit lately.  First five games -- 31REC/536YDS/3TDS; last ten games -- 40REC/646YDS/5TDS.  Good thing is, he's still finding the endzone even though his touches and yards have gone down.  Still solid though, I guess.  Injuries to conference counterparts like AJohnson, Wayne, VJack, etc., didn't hurt either.

Still, weak field.  Weak conference.  So much for AFC dominance.  Time to turn the tides.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 13:37 »

I think the Steelers deserving of Pro Bowl status:

Ben
Antonio Brown as a WR (over Wallace)
Miller at TE
Ike Taylor
Keisel

...and that's it. Polamalu is a legacy pick, as I think he hasn't been at a Pro Bowl level this year, though that's mainly due to a lack of big plays. Informally, it seems to me that he's within centimeters of making two-three big plays a game, but they just haven't happened this year, and in football, you only get so many chances.

I think Harrison and Woodley have been simply all-world this year, but they've missed too many games and other players in the AFC are more deserving. I'm excited about the impact in the playoffs these two could have, though, if healthy.

I don't understand the love Ryan Clark is getting around the league, as I haven't notice great play from him, but just another solid year complimenting Troy and hitting people. But he has racked up shitloads of tackles, so there's that.

I don't really think Pouncey has had a great year; watching him at times on NFL rewind, I've seen him struggle in a number of games against top-shelf DTs, but of course, he's been playing with crap to his left all season. I'm not down on Pouncey at all, but I just figure there are probably two centers in the AFC who have had better years than he has and I hate the Pro Bowl's tendency to reward name players on winning teams.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 16:12 »

Agree on Pouncey.  More than any other position, once you get in at OL, you tend to keep going back.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 18:19 »

It's a God Damn shame Ike didn't get in.  Kaboly tweeted his stats earlier, I can't remember exactly, but he allowed like 36 ypg, covering the opponents #1.

That & Tebow making it make this the all star Joke team.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 08:40 »

I don't really think Pouncey has had a great year; watching him at times on NFL rewind, I've seen him struggle in a number of games against top-shelf DTs, but of course, he's been playing with crap to his left all season. I'm not down on Pouncey at all, but I just figure there are probably two centers in the AFC who have had better years than he has and I hate the Pro Bowl's tendency to reward name players on winning teams.

Agree on Pouncey.  More than any other position, once you get in at OL, you tend to keep going back.

You know, after thinking about it a bit more, I think you guys are right.

Plus, I read an article or blog yesterday that mentioned the fact that the Texans didn't send one single lineman to the Pro Bowl.  Considering they've got (arguably) the best offensive line in football, I think that's a gross oversight.  Couldn't even tell you the name of their center, but I bet a pretty easy case could be made that he deserved to go.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:24 »

Pouncey will forever be known as, "The Bi/Curious Humble Comedian."

Pouncey is another young player heading to the Pro Bowl, voted in for the second time and his first as a starter. But he knows it was the efforts of the entire offensive line that got him where he is.

“I think the guys around me make me look a lot better,” said Pouncey. “It’s a team award and an individual award at the same time.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: