Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 23:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB gets team MVP  (Read 678 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 30, 2011 at 11:26 »

Dude, looks like a younger Reggie Bush in that pic.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:28 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 11:37 »

He needs to lose the Holmes reach and drop.

This entire league needs to cut back on the excessive celebration of every fucking play. Pre-kickoff dance, STs tackle dance, weak ass pass defense dance...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:31 »

I agree with your old-man opinions, otis.

Having said that, Brown fully deserves it.  He just seems to have the knack for big plays.  And I always thought Sanders would be the better of the two.  When is the last time the Steelers' return guy made the pro bowl?  Louis Lipps?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:34 »

He needs to lose the Holmes reach and drop.

Totally agree.  I've echoed those sentiments on many occasions.  I think he's actually done it more than Holmes this year.

This entire league needs to cut back on the excessive celebration of every fucking play. Pre-kickoff dance, STs tackle dance, weak ass pass defense dance...

My favorite is the WR that does a TD pose/dance when his score cuts his team's 4th quarter deficit from 38-10 to 38-17.

Scoreboard, Sunshine.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 13:11 »

Simmer down, Children of Costas, and rejoice that AB is the real motherfucking deal.

Sanders should be, too, if he can get the foot healthy.  Fix up the line, get an OC, we're scoring 30+ every week.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 14:47 »

I love me some Antonio Brown, and while the MVP vote is trivial to me, this has put a notion in my brain about Ben's popularity on the team. Clearly, there's no doubt that Ben is the MVP of this team, right? So I'm wondering whether the players voted against the obvious QB pick (since any team with even a top-10 or so QB could just as well vote that guy their MVP before a single game is even played) in a spirit of blue-collar team camaraderie and a recognition of Brown's obvious hard work, or does this reflect the fact that Ben is still not a popular guy in the locker room? And should anyone give a shit, even if that's true? I'm guessing that, in general, it's better to have a QB that's liked by teammates than not, but maybe this isn't so unusual.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 14:58 »

I'm guessing the 49ers game killed any chance Ben would have of being voted team MVP.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 15:06 »

Occam's razor, manimal.  Ben's place is established on the team and it's time to give a dude who worked his ass off his propers.  Hard to see it as a sign of locker room discontent.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 00:12 »

Occam's razor, manimal.  Ben's place is established on the team and it's time to give a dude who worked his ass off his propers.  Hard to see it as a sign of locker room discontent.

iagree

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: