Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 12:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 [24] 25 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC Round - Pit @ Den, Sunday 1/8 @ 4:30 PM  (Read 8652 times)
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #230 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:14 »

Too easy to do this in hindsight, but what the hell....

Gameplay today offensively sucked.  Gameplan today defensively SUCKED.  We got outcoached today.  

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #231 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:16 »

At least I'll get a lot more other stuff done now.  No way in hell I'm turning on a TV to a sports station for another month.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #232 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:17 »

Not like it wasn't all going to come crashing down on us next Saturday night in New England.  But damn. 

--Lou Brock
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #233 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:19 »

Shows the value of home field maybe.

Not sure where this team is headed from here.  Have to move on from Farrior, A. Smith and Ward (which is painful for me to say)

Could turnover some of the OL but that needs to come through high rounds draft picks.  

Offense needs to figure out the RZ.  I hate using Mendenhall at the GL and we'll likely see Redman for the first quarter of the season.

Kemo is gone.  I would say Colon too but not sure Tomlin and BA see it that way.  Need to find a better guard than Foster.

Anyone from the AFC will get blown out by GB or NO

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #234 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:30 »

What draft pick do we get?

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #235 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:34 »

Shows the value of home field maybe.

Not sure where this team is headed from here.  Have to move on from Farrior, A. Smith and Ward (which is painful for me to say)

Could turnover some of the OL but that needs to come through high rounds draft picks.  

Offense needs to figure out the RZ.  I hate using Mendenhall at the GL and we'll likely see Redman for the first quarter of the season.

Kemo is gone.  I would say Colon too but not sure Tomlin and BA see it that way.  Need to find a better guard than Foster.

Anyone from the AFC will get blown out by GB or NO

3 big holes going forward...

MLB, G (unless Colon moves inside), T (especially if Colon moves inside - should resign Starks)

Today, we saw an inability again to manage the clock and make coaching decisions based on the situation presented.  Ben could barely move.  We had a scrub at C.  We had a guy who two weeks ago was benched, then not brought in the game when the guy for whom he was benched went down.  Late in the game we had a guy at LT so bad we brought in a guy who was cut for being large, slow, and unable to play and then brought in halfway through the season.  And yet we repeatedly tried to throw vertical and run slow developing plays.  When we DID try to throw quick hitters, it was the fucking ridiculous WR screen that almost ended up in disaster.  We opened the game with an offensive series that worked, and then inexplicably went away from it.  These asshats (Tomlin included) had their gameplan, and regardless of what happened on the field, stayed true to what they typed up last Monday morning.

--Lou Brock
Manimal

« Reply #236 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:42 »

We may need a WR, too. I am beginning to wonder about Wallace long-term, as he totally lacks a physical element in his game. Sanders is a fine player to have, but let's not overrate him: he's an average pro 3rd WR. So we have Brown, who is a legit star in my book, and a bunch of role players. I'm not saying this is our biggest priority, but it's up there.

Having a scamper-y running back who can catch dump-offs and get some YAC wouldn't hurt, either.

But yes, O-Line and ILB, possibly NT, too, are our priorities.
Manimal

« Reply #237 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:43 »

Also, Ryan Mundy should be cut.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #238 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:45 »

I am beginning to wonder about Wallace long-term, as he totally lacks a physical element in his game.

If the ball is on the money, dude can make plays. If the ball is off the mark, he simply walks away from the play not making any effort to come back to a ball or break up a pick.
Joetorious

« Reply #239 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 19:56 »

Too easy to do this in hindsight, but what the hell....

Gameplay today offensively sucked.  Gameplan today defensively SUCKED.  We got outcoached today.  

Re: the latter, what's new since Tomlin has been in town?

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Pages: 1 ... 23 [24] 25 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: